Stephen Ireland

Richard

Ireland just behind Bent, picking out his runs would work perfectly. However, and it is a big however, the ball would need to reach Ireland on the floor. Maybe Makoun could help with that. He seems to like a quick 'lay-off' type pass and I think he is one of the only players who is up there 'football-intelligence' wise in our squad. Throw in a smiley N'Zog and we might have a trio that could work quite well together. (See Ireland Elano, and Robinho circa 2009)

I can see him working well behind Wiemann too. Ireland would not work with Gabby though....

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell would Darren Bent know about whether Ireland is a good player? I get my opinions from playing FIFA, watching Youtube compilations and listening to the opinions of the experts on here. So I say sell him.

Excellent player but needs solid dm behind him

Totally agree with this. Would really like to see Ireland and Makoun tried together with a third DCM in there with them. Holman on the right and N'Zogbia (if he's up for it!) on the left. Either that, or we sell Makoun and bring in another midfielder and go with the two holding midfielders to release Ireland to play a free role.

............................GIVEN...........................

NAUGHTON....NEW...........NEW..............NEW

...........................NEW DCM.......................

.............IRELAND................MAKOUN..........

HOLMAN.......................................N'ZOGBIA

.............................BENT...........................

What the hell would Darren Bent know about whether Ireland is a good player? I get my opinions from playing FIFA, watching Youtube compilations and listening to the opinions of the experts on here. So I say sell him.

you left out football manager

To me, Ireland last season was average. The only reason why people think he done was because of the no show of the 2010-2011 season. To me get 4 million and his wages of the books would be brilliant.

Ireland just behind Bent, picking out his runs would work perfectly. However, and it is a big however, the ball would need to reach Ireland on the floor. Maybe Makoun could help with that. He seems to like a quick 'lay-off' type pass and I think he is one of the only players who is up there 'football-intelligence' wise in our squad. Throw in a smiley N'Zog and we might have a trio that could work quite well together. (See Ireland Elano, and Robinho circa 2009)

I can see him working well behind Wiemann too. Ireland would not work with Gabby though....

Agreed, particularly about the ball being played on the floor. Bent and Ireland are going to work best with balls played into their feet, not aimless hoofs. To be honest I'm amazed Bent managed to get as many goals as he did last season with McCunt playing him as a target man. It was horrible seeing one of the best strikers we've had at the club in years getting balls pumped up at him from defence.

When Lambert says he wants us playing the right way I really hope he means passing it around more as well.

I really cannot see Ireland being on the same page as Lambert

It's an accident waiting to happen

How do you know?

Ireland has been a holte end hero ever since he took a toke on that shisha pipe.

But I fear that he'll be sold because he's alleged to be a high earner (i realise mancity are meant to contribute a bit)

Bringing in Holman seemed to confirm my fears. But who actually signed Holman? did Mcleish? Who actually signed Ireland?

I believe the board choose the players, Holman was meant to replace Ireland but now the manager situation has changed maybe Lamber will refuse to pick Holman because he didn't sign him. In the way Mcleish refused to consider Makoun.

Makoun and Ireland would still be a bit lightweight for me against teams that play 5 across the middle.

Lambert will make his own mind up about Stephen Ireland, as he will of all the squad. I beleive Randy Learner

will have already discussed policy. I would hope that if the players fail to respond to the manager then the will be moved on,

and sufficient funds put in place to more than replace said players. I hope he can motivate Ireland

Ireland had an average season at best last season and now hes our best player, if thats the case then we really are in dire straights! 1 goal and 3 assists in 28 matches, while playing in the hole for most of those matches!

Ireland had some neat touches and interplay and so was the only thing (apart from Gabby's early season form) that we had to enjoy last season. The football was absolutely dire, I feel sorry for all our attackers for the crap they had to put up with last season!

Ireland had an average season at best last season and now hes our best player, if thats the case then we really are in dire straights! 1 goal and 3 assists in 28 matches, while playing in the hole for most of those matches!

Ireland had some neat touches and interplay and so was the only thing (apart from Gabby's early season form) that we had to enjoy last season. The football was absolutely dire, I feel sorry for all our attackers for the crap they had to put up with last season!

It was only when our midfield was decimated by injury and poor form that McCleish was really forced to give Ireland a run in the side and when he got that run he was the best player on the pitch every time and considering McCleish's utterly dour and deluded tactics it is too anyone's credit to come out looking half decent in that team, during that time.

We may not yet know if Ireland is the player he can be and what we want him to be, but Lambert has at least to give him a chance as it's no wonder Bent recognises his talent, talent which we can re-enforce by bringing in new players but we are unlikely to be able to replace.

If Ireland doesn't fit in with Lambert's style and team then he can sell him in January, but selling him now without seeing what the man right or wrongly but definitely actually.... voted player of the season, would be daft no matter how many people on here bleat on about his wages (that no-one actually can confirm what they are) and attitude.

It was only when our midfield was decimated by injury and poor form that McCleish was really forced to give Ireland a run in the side and when he got that run he was the best player on the pitch every time and considering McCleish's utterly dour and deluded tactics it is too anyone's credit to come out looking half decent in that team, during that time.

We may not yet know if Ireland is the player he can be and what we want him to be, but Lambert has at least to give him a chance as it's no wonder Bent recognises his talent, talent which we can re-enforce by bringing in new players but we are unlikely to be able to replace.

If Ireland doesn't fit in with Lambert's style and team then he can sell him in January, but selling him now without seeing what the man right or wrongly but definitely actually.... voted player of the season, would be daft no matter how many people on here bleat on about his wages (that no-one actually can confirm what they are) and attitude.

Great points - I think if we were to sell him now we may look back at it as a missed opportunity. He's a very gifted footballer, technically far better than any other on our books, who's either been ignored or played out of position by our last two managers. Yet there are some on here that fail to recognise that and pass judgements based on rumour and gossip in the red tops.

Well Ireland, naturally an attacking player, looked decent in an extremely negative side so it'll be interesting to see how he looks in an attacking team. Could form a lethal partnership with Bent.

Well Ireland, naturally an attacking player, looked decent in an extremely negative side so it'll be interesting to see how he looks in an attacking team. Could form a lethal partnership with Bent.

Agreed, and I think he should be played upfront just behind him.

Arousi

Holman Zog

Ireland

Weimann Bent