Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given has been by far our best player this season

Disagree, missed a chunk of the season and Guzan performed admirably, to the point that many (including me) thought it harsh that he was immediately dropped on Given's return to fitness... When Ireland's been out recently you can see what's missing.

So Stu, by your reckoning Ireland has been "shite" yet our midfield has been creating chances that our strikers haven't been putting away. Correct?

Dale mentioned the last few games that Ireland hasnt been available we can see what we're missing.

IMO, we have still been creating chances without him - arguably more so. Just cant finish them off.

In other words BOF, i cant see what Ireland brings to the team

He's improved a hell of a lot since he came here but still isn't really worth 65k a week - more due to the fact that he doesn't have enough players around him on his wavelength than say, a lack of effort on his behalf.

Sell him, keep him.. I don't really mind either way.

IMO, we have still been creating chances without him - arguably more so. Just cant finish them off.

Its been hideous though, mainly from Heskey flick ons... I'd rather keep the ball and find a way through, players like Ireland are invaluable to that kind of play.

Its been hideous though, mainly from Heskey flick ons... I'd rather keep the ball and find a way through, players like Ireland are invaluable to that kind of play.

he's the only player who can keep possesion for more than three seconds and pick out a pass, everyone else just plays a desperate game of kick and rush - like the ball is on fire or something.

the reason our defence is put under so much pressure is we are constantly giving the ball away, in recent games i have counted how long it has taken to lose possesion 2-4 seconds was the average 10 was the longest and that was **** rare!

I'm in the camp that says I simply cannot wait to see the back of Stephen Ireland and players of his ilke out of this club (thats you Charles)

Barring a handful of games he's been a sheer disgrace to the shirt and yes, I reckon he was dropped cos he was probably mouthing the manager off again

You mean get rid of the quality players and keep playing shite hoof ball. Do you groan like half the crowd when we pass it backwards too? Some Villa fans haven't got a clue, if we had the Barca team they'd be on their backs for not shooting every time they reached 20 yards out.

Stop the drama mate, if we're going to improve we need to KEEP players with a football brain, of which we have precious few.

We do have some bloody stupid fans don't we. Ireland has only turned up for half a season and even then he's only been 'good' - certainly nothing special. Shay Given, on the other hand, could have kept us in this division with some of the saves he has made. Fans player of the year? We're easily pleased it seems :lol:

It's simply an accumulation of the points gained from being voted MOTM or runner up throughout the season. Not his fault he was producing the goods on the pitch and the fans voted accordingly.

Hang on, let's take stock here...

It looks like we might be safe this year,

One of our players, who is a major confidence player, who has been showing promise recently, enough to be named MOTM on numerous occasions, has been voted Fans Player of the Year...

yet we are STILL moaning about it.

Who cares if he has just been "good"?! That's better than he was last year. If this builds his confidence and helps him to continue his improvement that I for one am glad he got it.

Sometimes I wonder that if it had been us beating Man Yoo to go top of the league last night, whether I'd log on to find people moaning about how "we should have scored more", "we shouldn't have let it slip anyway", "the manager has disgraced us by arguing with SAF"...I'm negative with my predictions (some might say I'm a realist) but I am all for encouraging our players...

Well done Stevie Ireland!