Stephen Ireland

Richard

No you are right. I'm sure he's an angel. Not like he has a reputation for it or anything.

And yet he Looks in very good shape though. Its a stupid photo taken by a less than smart person of another less than smart person. Its highly unlikely he smokes a lot (Balotelli rumoured to be smoking two packs a week) and it doesnt matter if he has a glass of wine either.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcleish should show Ireland a video of the great Dennis Mortimer playing and tell him that's what I expect from Villa players.I would have loved to have seen the result of a fifty fifty ball between the great man and Ireland,he would have broken Ireland into tiny pieces,those were the days.

jesus, he might play a blinder today, he had a good half against arsenal that showed he can be an asset. yeah this photo makes him look bad but i really could not care what he does off the pitch as long as he starts showing what he is capable of on it. if he does that he is an asset.

It's up to the manager to know his players.

You know if you have a player on your hands who is rowdy off the pitch, and can be a bit of an idiot. But you have to find out how to get the best out of your player on the pitch.

As long as they're not being criminal off the pitch, I have little care what our players are doing. As long as they're doing it for us on the pitch. Ireland isn't, and he's got to take responsibility for that. But for me, so do Houllier from last year, and McLeish.

No you are right. I'm sure he's an angel. Not like he has a reputation for it or anything.

Another stupid post from you.

Where did I say he was an angel?

And which reputation is it you speak of? The fact that he likes having pink rims on his car? That he has a pool table with his name on? Or the horrific scandal in the national team about a million years ago? Or is it the fact that someone took a picture of him and a few other Irish footballers on a night out in Newcastle? Or now, his girlfriend taking a picture of him topless with a pipe in his mouth. Who cares?

If it was a video of him doing a line of coke or punching a kid, I'd be bothered.

And yet he Looks in very good shape though. Its a stupid photo taken by a less than smart person of another less than smart person. Its highly unlikely he smokes a lot (Balotelli rumoured to be smoking two packs a week) and it doesnt matter if he has a glass of wine either.

I know it's slightly off topic and it's also the sad culture of football as a sport. But in my opinion they are professional athletes and shouldn't be smoking OR drinking.

You're meant to be a athlete, look after yourself. It's a sacrifice that should come with high level sport.

Successful Olympic athletes do it, I don't see why these lazy assed footballers aren't made to.

They wouldn't be any more coming because they're starting to look tired.

He's certainly no Joey Barton but he is a little dim at allowing himself to be put in these awkward positions (albeit, this time his partner posting the pic and comment online!!!!).

The way I look at this particular issue, is he's at home, he's on a day off so so what!

If the picture was taken when he was supposed to be at training/with the squad or conducting club duties then he should be spoken to by club officials.

How many posters on here have got embarrassing images of themselves during a night out or at home??? And how many of your employers would be chuffed to view them?

He's a bloke, much like anyone else but with the added bonus of having a lot of cash and talent.... unfortunately, both those latter points puts in the public eye and his every move will be and is scrutinised.

I wonder why he's always injured.

Perhaps treating his body like this might be something to do with it.

**** hell mate, if you think having the odd smoke and a glass of vino is bad, you'd have a heart attack at what some players get up to. rooney, laursen, barry, berbatov and a huge number of other players smoke or smoked regularly while playing

Why is he wearing tights ?!!!

he's not, that's his missus' legs