Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes you wonder how he would play under someone other than Houllier now? I can't quite believe that a players ability just leaves him like that.

I'd play him and keep playing him, at least as long as we're paying his wages! Besides, his teamates have'nt exactly been setting the place alight and the same questions are starting to be asked of them.

Having seen Sidders go for what was described as a nominal fee, I wonder if GH will now also let SI go to the highest bidder. I agree with SellyOakVilla, if SI leaves we will be missing out on a top player who as Mark Hughes is quoted as saying just needs to be handled correctly.

From what we hear in the press GH's handling of Ireland is a subtle as David O'Leary's calling us charming Villa fans "Fickle" . The difference between us and Ireland is however that we have thicker skins and are not so taken with what we have achieved in the past, which basically is "feck all" since 1982 !

Bearing in mind that Ireland was born in 1986 we have more in common than we thought ;)

Ok OK I know I have overlooked a couple of League Cup wins in the 90's but that was when Ireland was 6 years old and prior to the Teletubby era.

I think Ireland is a top class player and its a shame it isn't working out. Dunne has made it back into the team though and I don't see anyone coming in for Ireland so who knows he could make it back too. I hope he does as he is obviously a talented lad.

As far as Ireland is concerned, no news is good news. I know the player is quality. If we can just engage him and get him to work with the team perhaps hope on hope he will come good.

Dunne has shown by example that differences can be put aside for the team. If that is the case then there is still hope for Ireland.

As far as Ireland is concerned, no news is good news. I know the player is quality. If we can just engage him and get him to work with the team perhaps hope on hope he will come good.

Dunne has shown by example that differences can be put aside for the team. If that is the case then there is still hope for Ireland.

I agree to a certain extent but it seems that he is going to find it hard to get back in under Houllier. If Pires and Herd are on the bench ahead of him he seems to be frozen out at present. I would take a chance on him in the cup to see if he could hit a bit of form. His best chance might be if we beat Sheffield Utd and got drawn against non league opposition.

Liverpool will attempt to land Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland by offering Gerard Houllier Daniel Agger in a straight swap for the Villa Park playmaker. The Merseyside club are looking to bring in new additions this month as they look to salvage their season and are keen to add creativity to their decidedly average squad.

Danish defender Daniel Agger appears to be exit bound after falling out with the Liverpool boss and is looking to move to a club that can guarantee him the first team football he feels he deserves and Houllier may well be keen on the talented 26 year old.

Stephen Ireland only arrived at Villa Park four and a half months ago in the deal that saw James Milner move to Man City but the Irish international does not appear to be a player Houllier values and the 24 year old is almost certain to leave the club after making just six Premier League starts so far this season.

Liverpool have managed to score just 24 goals in the Premier League this season and will hope that talented flair player Ireland will be able to provide the ammunition the club needs in order to push their way back up the table.

bwahahahaha i'll believe it when I see it

(would be great though :winkold: )

Agger is Pools best defender, yet Hodgson don't like him much, tries to play him as a full back, which Agger don't like. This ain't gonna happen. Where the **** is Ireland anyway? Hope he gets on the bench 2morra or starts.

I'd make this swap in a heartbeat...but there is no way this is really on the burner. Still, we can dream.

Ireland needs to be reminded who pays his wages. I'd tell him to get on board and give his all the rest of the way, and if he still wants to move at the end of the season, the club won't stand in his way.

@Minnie Ireland isn't pushing to move out, Houllier is attempting to push him out... He still feels he has a contribution to make, I tend to agree with that an hope he can be reintergrated as soon as possible.

Houllier hinting that SI will come back into the fold 'at some stage' and that he has great ability.

Can't link as on phone but hopefully he's given a chance, up then to SI to prove he's worthy of a starting place. He's got so much talent being wasted, we were crying out for a playmaker of his talents during mons era to push us on.