Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Sidwell (ridiculous wages) gone = Makoun in

Ireland (ridiculous wages) seemingly on way out = wages for a good striker

All we need now is Beye and Davies gone and I think we will be in good shape financially to move forward.

a move to Everton seems likely, what with Pienaar on his way out.

I know that it looks almost 100% that the team Pienaar is going to will be Spurs. However, imagine if it ends up being us and Ireland is part of the deal. I would be more than happy with that, although it probably won't be the case. :(

a move to Everton seems likely, what with Pienaar on his way out.

I know that it looks almost 100% that the team Pienaar is going to will be Spurs. However, imagine if it ends up being us and Ireland is part of the deal. I would be more than happy with that, although it probably won't be the case. :(

Pienaar looks set for Chelsea apparently. Ireland will only go on loan if he joins Everton as Moyes says they can't afford to pay for anyone. I wonder if he'd consider a swap for Arteta? In fact, the Toffee's have a few players worth swapping Ireland for.

I'll be really, genuinely sorry to see him go. I reckon all he needs is a goal and he'll be a different player. Houllier's main criticism is that there's a difference in what he sees from training to matchday and that seems like it can only really be a question of confidence.

Having said that, I'm not sure how likely he is to get that back quickly, especially in a team battling relegation so it may be the best thing for him.

But can't help feeling he'll thrive at another club and we'll regret letting him go.

I'll be really, genuinely sorry to see him go. I reckon all he needs is a goal and he'll be a different player. Houllier's main criticism is that there's a difference in what he sees from training to matchday and that seems like it can only really be a question of confidence.

Having said that, I'm not sure how likely he is to get that back quickly, especially in a team battling relegation so it may be the best thing for him.

But can't help feeling he'll thrive at another club and we'll regret letting him go.

Good point about GH comments. I agree that it will probably haunt us if we let him go.