Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Not a midfielder for me, would like to see him upfront but think hes to similar to Benteke, in that I mean he wants to get a yard and shoot.

:o

seen him play out here in hk several times and has always done well... lovely lad too...

solid player with a real hunger to play and win, will do well... think he flies under the radar a bit, but seems to have a natural striker's ability... not long before he's turning out for his national senior's team, i reckon...

Barca brought Messi over when he was 12-13, we actually got Weimann when he was 15, almost 16. Not too far apart, really.

this is a joking right? or was the point that anybody who comes through our academy for more than 2 years is like messi?

messi was scouted, not poached, he had growth problems and no-one in argentina wanted to take a punt on paying for hormone treatment and his family couldn't afford it. barcelona's scouting system beleived he was worth the investment and chance that he might never grow enough to be a proffessional sportsman. he got brought over at 11 i think? then played for 6 or 7 years in currently one of the best academies in the world.

so just like andi weimann?!?

i like the fact that you guys are mentioning messi, the worlds greatest footballer in the same conversion as our little weimann, but lets not get carried away, lol

i hope this kid comes good, he seems genuine and hard working enough, 5 to 10 goals a season for him when hes established will be a good haul for him

If Marko Marin can have the title 'German Messi' and Eden Hazard gets called the 'Belgian Messi' I see no problem labeling Weimann the 'Austrian Messi'. :)

Although Salifou was the Togolese Messi...

• Like 1

I'm too happy for Andreas. Last season he scored two crucial goal (specially the one vs. Fulham) and when he is called in the team he is always. . . prepared.

A true Villan and a very good and versatile forward, the first to score twice at Man. Utd in Vilal shirt if I am not wrong..

Â