Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Does anyone think Weimann suffers from Dirk Kuyt syndrome? ie, he does so much running around, that he is actually too knackered to be an attacking threat?

I think the similarities start and end in that they're both strikers who have, for some reason, been chucked out onto the wings into positions they aren't really suited to.

Kuyt scores and provides assists. Weimann just does my head in.

Lamberts issue! Again to me poor management. Either drop him for a couple of games, play him in a better position or coach him to form again. Yes players lose form but he needs to be shown the way. He is obviously being shown on the training ground what is expected of him. If he is not producing game after game he needs to be dropped. He may be young but he is seen as one of our more senior players and should be showing the new guys the way. If he cant handle the crowd unfortunately he is not gonna make it in the premier league. All the big boys thrive on crowd discontent. Also Wiemann to me is a great example, if we changed manager he would be like a new player.

3 assists and a goal.

Not bad for a 22-year-old. 

Way too much expectation and far too little understanding. 

Gareth Bale wasn't any more consistent at that age.

Huh? Bale fully established himself in the Tottenham team by 21. Also, Weimann has been consistant...consistantly crap!

Based on your Lichaj assessment, I guess you will give Weimann time?

3 assists and a goal.

Huh? Bale fully established himself in the Tottenham team by 21. Also, Weimann has been consistant...consistantly crap!

Weimann will never be played to his strengths in this system though. He is not a wide player, nor is he a No. 10.

• Like 1

3 assists and a goal.

Weimann will never be played to his strengths in this system though. He is not a wide player, nor is he a No. 10.

He suited the system and played well at the end of last season. 

• Like 1

3 assists and a goal.

His lack of intelligence and technique was evident even then. It was always clear that the wide-position was never a viable long-term position. He was always going to be found out eventually. Obviously I'm speaking retrospectively as I never imagined for one moment he would become this bad.

3 assists and a goal.

His lack of intelligence and technique was evident even then. It was always clear that the wide-position was never a viable long-term position. He was always going to be found out eventually. Obviously I'm speaking retrospectively as I never imagined for one moment he would become this bad.

We need to create competition for places, force him to "want it" again. 

• Like 1

I'm not saying Weimann is like Bale or as good as Bale, just pointing out even the best players are not always consistent when they are young.

I remember for a long time Bale was criticised by Tottenham fans. He proved them wrong. Weimann has contributed about as much as any other Villa player this season - 3 assists and a goal - so the criticism lately is weirdly OTT.

I'm guessing he's the new Bannan. Everyone knows he has great ability but he's not performing at a world class level.

Con, there is simply no credence to this part of your defence of Weimann.  I think the reason why is pretty obvious.

• Like 1

Wiemann has had plenty of games. He needs a break now. Maybe play some reserve games to try and get his confidence/form back. Give Helenius a run

....sounds like he's having a break now - out on the piss in Temple Bar, Dublin last night with Clark. Mind you, after the latest pile of dog wank they served up at the weekend, they could hardly nip in the Adventurers for a swift half or three.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I didn't bump this for the nice picture above..

But to read views about Andi. Everyone still seems to hate him, even after the goal today, which he played perfectly.

I still maintain that regardless of his mistakes and poor crosses, he is one of our only truly dangerous players, who can make things happen.

And in my opinion he will make a comeback togerher with Benteke. They'll feed off each other, as they did last spring.

We ask too much of him.

He has too tackle, chase, pressure, score goals, create goals and on top of that today he had to man mark the def Liverpool player, (Gerard, Lucas)

If he could do all these jobs he would win the Ballon d'or. ( or come close)

He is a young player, who is absolute quality. I actually think that in a couple of season he will be able to do all those jobs to a very, very, high standard.

Nothing but praise from me.

• Like 3

Â