Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Give him a run up top and I believe he will find the form of last season. He has been poor so far this season out wide.

He isn't a 6ft plus target-man so he will never get a run as the main striker under Lambert.

He played centrally or as a pairing with Kozak against Stoke.

It isn't where he plays that's the problem

Yes but as the second-striker. Weimann is best as a poacher I think. He is basically a more hard-working Darren Bent.

• Like 1

He played centrally or as a pairing with Kozak against Stoke.

It isn't where he plays that's the problem

Yes but as the second-striker. Weimann is best as a poacher I think. He is basically a more hard-working Darren Bent.

Doesn't that make him, like, totally different from Darren bent?

• Like 2

Give him a run up top and I believe he will find the form of last season. He has been poor so far this season out wide.

He isn't a 6ft plus target-man so he will never get a run as the main striker under Lambert.

Shame really i think he could work well with Benteke. More support for Tekkers, better role for Weimann and i know they can both find the net. Probably put some good pressure on him too he'd want to prove himself. 

Edited by tomh621
  • Like 1

Doesn't that make him, like, totally different from Darren bent?

Not in his basic footballing attributes no. My remark wasn't meant as an insult either. Bent has been a very prolific striker at this level. Not that I am arguing that we should've kept him or anything before people accuse me of that.

Shame really i think he could work well with Benteke. More support for Tekkers, better role for Weimann and i know they can both find the net. Probably put some good pressure on him too he'd want to prove himself.

I'm not that keen on Weimann as the second-striker to be honest. It worked a bit last season but I don't think Weimann is intelligent enough to do that role permanently. I would've liked to have seen Weimann in Houllier's 4-2-3-1 or similar.

Edited by Isa

Â