Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

his strength is his speed and timing of runs

i don't think work rate and tracking back is necessarily his main strength although at times he does it well

of late he has not looked as fast or made the same runs, when he has you can tell he has lost the belief he will beat the defender and score.

i still think he is quality but it is weird that so far all the players rewarded with new contracts have been utter gash so far this season.[/quote

That's not true though. Clark got a new contract and has played quite good. Benteke did and while he hasn't been great he hasn't been poor. I think Guzan did as well, right? And he's been playing at a very high level again. So only weimann Westwood and lowton have had a dropoff, and lowton hasn't gotten to play much to turn it around.

I think part of Andi's problem is that, like a lot of young players, he has lost form and is now trying too hard to recover it and just making things worse. Mostly all we've seen this season so far is a lot of effort and a lot of frustration. The coaching staff need to calm him down and work with him on how to regain his balance, timing and shooting.

• 3 weeks later...

couple of weeks off to get his head straight and has come back and been part of the turn around of our fortunes... hopefully that gets him playing with confidence again, and we start seeing good andi back....

nice assist for the first goal will have done him lots of good....

couple of weeks off to get his head straight and has come back and been part of the turn around of our fortunes... hopefully that gets him playing with confidence again, and we start seeing good andi back....

nice assist for the first goal will have done him lots of good....

Was it his assist? Actually thought it came off the defender

Yeah totally agree. When the camera switched to Gabby, Weimann and Delph I got a real sense of hope for the game. Weimann was pepped to the core, he ran after every ball and really wanted to win that game. Changed the game for us without doubt, both with his shot that nearly went in and an assist for our first goal. We got the momentum for the first time in the game and WBA looked scared immediately. It was strange, it almost looked like they were leading 2-0 over Man Utd and they suddenly put on Van Persie, Kagawa and Nani to score goals, seldom do you see an effect like that from a lower mid-table club like Aston Villa.

It goes without saying, when we are fielding Delph, Weimann, Agbonlahor and Benteke at the same time we look like a much, much better team. Without them we look like a team incapable of doing anything to harm the other team in open play.

• Like 3

I really like Weimann, he runs and runs, he has pace in abundance and I think his all round game is getting better. Once his decision making improves, which I think it will, he'll be a really good player. It's sometimes forgotten how young he still is.

• Like 1

looked fired up and hungry when he came on... immediately causing trouble leading to the first goal....

success and failure at this level is a real fine line - lets hope that a couple of weeks off gets him back to the right side of that line....

go on andi, lets get the goals in...

Called for him to start and yet underwhelming.

Really disappointing to me we'll be in December in a few hours and he's scored one league goal after the season he had last year. You can argue the same with Gabby and I have reservations with him playing in most home games but he has made more impact in the games he's played imo.

Weimann takes up some really positions on the field, he's good at dropping off the forward line but his touch isn't consistent enough and too many attacks break down with him. Take that breakaway in the first half when Gabby was running through the middle, passed correctly to Weimann who miscontrolled it and we lost the attack.

Just find him the most frustrating player for us this season. We saw the potential last year and I really believed he'd kick on. I really hope it's not a case of another young player who has a good 6 months, believes the hype and gets a new deal and doesn't kick on from that.

Â