Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albrighton getting owned, Downing missing, Carew awful, Ireland definitely NOT a direct replacement for Milner. Officials bought and paid for by the looks of it.

Second half set up should be interesting.

Going to be two points dropped this.

They are not that good and have caught us with their chances going in.

The Pen proving more costly than I thought when we missed it.

Ash's 'Goal' is a totally shocking decision that lead to their 2nd and 3rd.

45 mins to forget for sure but I'd not write us off quite yet, not even in this match.

Dear AVFC,

I can't put up with another season of this shit, I quit. **** you.

Regards,

You know what, I've tried to stay positive for years, and I tried to see the upside of things even before Lerner took over and MON came. I kept that attitude during MON's reign when fans were polarized and berated just about every signing he made. I kept my head up when Barry left as I felt we could do well without him. When Jimmey MON left I was gutted, when Jimmy left I was horrified. I don't have it in me to pick myself up from this. 3-0 down to Newcastle. The question isn't if the wheels are coming of. It's more a question of how many remain and if they can carry us over the finish line or if this is it. So I fully agree with you. **** it. **** it all to hell.

LOL ghey

We've made some shocking defensive mistakes, but our guys look lost going forward, and there have been no discernable tactical (or, a rapid-fire 3-0 down, personnel) changes. Maybe we're seeing the classic "career asst/coach with no philosophy" case rearing its head with MacDonald today. I'm curious to see what he implements at the half.

Carew had been dreadful and his miss really lifted Newcastle and their fans. Albrington needs to make better decisions. I'd prolly get Coker on move Ireland further forward get Young out to the wing and take off either Downing or Albrington.

As far as Clark, Albrighton and Carew go we're playing with 8 men at the moment.

How the hell do you put this result down to the two youngest players on the pitch,carew,yes,and a few more of his more senior team mates,but not the kids.

scape goats, villa fans love em.

It's not a case of scapegoats or even blaming people. I felt beforehand that going to a packed St James Park in their "homecoming game" was always going to be that bit more difficult.

Clark and Albrighton so far look overwhelmed by the occasion and Carew is having a shocker.

I'd have gone with Davies at CB I think, and would have put NRC in the midfield with Young out wide.