Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if a game ever cried out for a combative midfielder its this one we cant cope with the physicality of Smith and Barton so why the **** do we have ireland and petrov in the middle were being over run its so damn obvious.....

As far as Clark, Albrighton and Carew go we're playing with 8 men at the moment.

How the hell do you put this result down to the two youngest players on the pitch,carew,yes,and a few more of his more senior team mates,but not the kids.

Madness.. we have dominated periods of this game & we're losing 3-0!!

Missed a penalty... had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

They've had about 3 chances & buried them...

Enrique is doing a good job on Albrighton. Carew is coming back from a knock AGAIN & looks woeful!

Petrov & Ireland isn't working...we should have started with Petrov & NRC IMO. I'm not sure it's SI's fault though....he's actually getting stuck in...Petrov looks off the mark.

Bad day at the office all round so far!

Calm down people it's just one game. To be honest the game doesn't deserve a 3-0 scoreline - I wouldn't blame K-Mac either it's all been silly individual errors that have costs us.

The Milner eft Petrov to clear up in midfiled (and hence petrov getting knackered) is a complete fallacy. Ireland has had to to a lot of the donkey work whilst Petrov has been off wondering and hasn't bothered to get back into place. I'm going to say that Milner would have made a huge difference today, though I personally think Ireland was one of the better performers up till 3-0.

I don't think you'll ever see a clearer example of confidence and momentum.

We were the better side at the opening, but as soon as we missed the penalty our heads dropped a bit, theirs went up and their goal completed the tunraround. Since then, we've got progressively more nervous, more restricted and less and less capable, they've found confidence and rhythm and suddenly look a decent outfit. If we'd been lucky enough to make it in at half time even at two down I'd still have fancied the chance of something, but the way we've folded up has completely killed any confidence we've got.

We look shaky at the back, we're getting nothing in terms of cover from the midfield and our new signing has been largely invisible.

Dear AVFC,

I can't put up with another season of this shit, I quit. **** you.

Regards,

You know what, I've tried to stay positive for years, and I tried to see the upside of things even before Lerner took over and MON came. I kept that attitude during MON's reign when fans were polarized and berated just about every signing he made. I kept my head up when Barry left as I felt we could do well without him. When Jimmey MON left I was gutted, when Jimmy left I was horrified. I don't have it in me to pick myself up from this. 3-0 down to Newcastle. The question isn't if the wheels are coming of. It's more a question of how many remain and if they can carry us over the finish line or if this is it. So I fully agree with you. **** it. **** it all to hell.

Just as we are not world beaters as we seemed last week, we are not as bad as this score line suggests, newly promoted team really up for the first home game of the season, we have mad some very poor mistakes this half. Carew scores the pen and thinks probably would have been very different. Need to show some pride in the 2nd half and at least win that.

As jubilant as I was last week I am equally as disappointed by this performance. Inconsistency is the name of the game. Probably should have started with Reo Coker.

As far as Clark, Albrighton and Carew go we're playing with 8 men at the moment.

How the hell do you put this result down to the two youngest players on the pitch,carew,yes,and a few more of his more senior team mates,but not the kids.

scape goats, villa fans love em.