Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

This may be the case but I would be loathed to move Clark from CB again and see him as our number 1 centre back.

While I agree that Clark is defo a better CB, needs must for this game. For the benefit of the team, we need him at leftback.

Johnson is injured and someone said Silva is too, is that right? Which could mean Milner on the right.

I'd let Delph carry on.

Silva isnt injured and Delph would get destroyed by Milner.

HE ISNT A LEFT BACK!!!

There's no need to shout deary, we know he's not a left back but when you haven't got any others (see Saturday...did you?) then he did better than OK as a makeshift.

I just happen to think that he wouldnt let us down if it were to arise again.

Got it?

Luke Young is not match fit but is fit.

It is whether you have a match fit, out of position Delph or a non match fit player who knows the position in Young.

Will be interesting to see if the people that were calling for Houlliers head because he was playing the attackers out of position want Delph out of position

Simple reason Gabby is not good to fill in as a left winger because he doesn't have the ability to beat a man with his footwork. Delph is good enough to fill in at left back, it really is that simple.

HE ISNT A LEFT BACK!!!

There's no needto shout deary, we know he's not a left back but when you haven't got any others (see Saturday...did you?) then he did better than OK as a makeshift.

Got it?

No i didnt see Saturday because i had more important things to be doing. Yes from what i can gather on MOTD and such like he preformed admirally but was never really tested, where as against Man City he will be run ragged.

Silva or Milner is a bit different than playing against a shite Blackburn team!

How do you know he wouldnt let us down? On the coaching staff are we? Best pals with him are we?

He has only played left back once in his career and that was Saturday against a very very average team, and yet you think he could do a job against Man City!?!?

HE ISNT A LEFT BACK!!!

There's no needto shout deary, we know he's not a left back but when you haven't got any others (see Saturday...did you?) then he did better than OK as a makeshift.

Got it?

No i didnt see Saturday because i had more important things to be doing. Yes from what i can gather on MOTD and such like he preformed admirally but was never really tested, where as against Man City he will be run ragged.

Silva or Milner is a bit different than playing against a shite Blackburn team!

How do you know he wouldnt let us down? On the coaching staff are we? Best pals with him are we?

He has only played left back once in his career and that was Saturday against a very very average team, and yet you think he could do a job against Man City!?!?

You seem to have trouble understanding what I've written ........

If we've got no one else then what do you want to do? If you are thinking of anoter player then fine say so.

You're making yourself look silly posting this. this is a forum and I was expressing my thoughts on the matter. Grow up son.

Delph bossed the midfield against United. So I have seen him boss a midfield.

is that the one where Man Utd taught us a lesson in playing with 10 men??

Dint boss it enough to get us 3 points did he?

You sure he just didnt play well?

Lets stop overhyping our players and then wen we dont get a champs league spot in the next few weeks, we wont be so disapointed.

Crazy talk.

Well you dont seem to grasp that Delph is not a left back, better still he isnt even a defender and he will get shown up by Man City. Now i know we are short on numbers and he may well have to fill in there, but im just saying be prepared for him to be shown for what he is...a centre midfielder filling in at left back. Mancini will no this and will hammer him.

Nothing silly about what i posted mate, just trying to work out how you know he is so good he can fill in at left back and not let us down? Considering he has only ever played there for about an hour of is life. Thats all son.

Well you dont seem to grasp that Delph is not a left back, better still he isnt even a defender and he will get shown up by Man City. Now i know we are short on numbers and he may well have to fill in there, but im just saying be prepared for him to be shown for what he is...a centre midfielder filling in at left back. Mancini will no this and will hammer him.

Nothing silly about what i posted mate, just trying to work out how you know he is so good he can fill in at left back and not let us down? Considering he has only ever played there for about an hour of is life. Thats all son.

How many times have I got to say 'I know he's not a left back'..???

If he plays at left back on Wdnesday and he gets turned over then Houllier had better change it.

I dont 'know' ..they are my thoughts and opinion thats all.

Now is that alright with you?

Oh...so you saying he wont let anyone down was just your opinion based on the hour you saw him play at left back on Saturday? Why didnt you say so, i almost thought you knew what you were on about for a second!

:winkold:

It is whether you have a match fit, out of position Delph or a non match fit player who knows the position in Young.

Will be interesting to see if the people that were calling for Houlliers head because he was playing the attackers out of position want Delph out of position

Simple reason Gabby is not good to fill in as a left winger because he doesn't have the ability to beat a man with his footwork. Delph is good enough to fill in at left back, it really is that simple.

No doubt Delph has the skill level. But does he have the positional awareness or the discipline, especially against a potentially top class striker force?

No one can say he does or does not because he has not been in that position (not lb position, but position of facing class striker force)

Is Warnock really that far down the pecking order that we're talking about playing a barely match fit Delph at left back against Man City??

Yup.

No doubt Delph has the skill level. But does he have the positional awareness or the discipline, especially against a potentially top class striker force?

No one can say he does or does not because he has not been in that position (not lb position, but position of facing class striker force)

You've basically given a non-answer to your own question.

You've basically given a non-answer to your own question.

:winkold:

At the end of the day we had no defenders on the bench, Delph covered well BUT was not tested to what he would have been against a big team.

I would hope he does not play him at left back on Wed and with his record of yellow cards having him playing around the danger area could put us at risk.

Id say your more likely to get a game at LB than Warnock

I'm waiting for a reply. My demands are very reasonable. Primarily that the opposition be Blackburn Rovers :)

Â