Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I'll just leave it as I'm obviously the only one who feels this way so I wouldn't be adding anything useful to the discussion.

I'm with you, but it looks like a pointless argument, reading the previous posts.

You can't argue with points like 'dur, why do businesses want to make more moneyz each year then? Lolz1111 #winning #rofl'....

...So I'd rather not try.

and you cant argue with points like "durr short term not much difference in spending, GREED DURRRR" zzzzzzzzzzzz. (well you can argue against it) Footballers have limited timeframe. Changing from 3m to 6m is huuge in terms of how long you can carry on living your lifestyle after you retire.

its all relative

Edited by gharperr

If he was rejecting them he would be in Portugal and all over our kit promo's.

I agree, but isn't his wife expected to go into labour very soon? But Villa could fly him home quick of anything were to happen I suppose.

It's such a big turn around from those quotes. I wonder if this is related to the takeover falling through. "Stick around Fabian, new owner in the summer, going to take us places....and if for whatever reason it doesn't happen we'll stick this clause in to let you go". 

Yes, we haven't got much choice have we? Man City and Chelsea changed the rules of premier league football and we not the only ones to be kicked out of the elite by them either Liverpool and Arsenal are some of the other casualties 

not sure if your anger is directed at the right place here tinker. After Liverpool and Arsenal colluded to cook up all this FFP nonsense they deserve everything they're gonna get

and you cant argue with points like "durr short term not much difference in spending, GREED DURRRR" zzzzzzzzzzzz. (well you can argue against it) Footballers have limited timeframe. Changing from 3m to 6m is huuge in terms of how long you can carry on living your lifestyle after you retire.

its all relative

So you say that 'you can't', and then you correct yourself and continue to argue it anyway... Good one.

It's odd that you don't see more players going to play in the Arabian leagues for the money, isn't it? If they're all concerned that they won't be able to live a flashy lifestyle after the age of 39?

Surely lots of players should be jumping at the chance to earn triple their current wage so they can go and play against the stars of the 1990s, to make sure they can continue buying a new speedboat every month for the rest of their lives.

Jeez, what are these players spending their money on if they've managed to run out of money, after earning in excess of £1m a year for at least ten years.

They few times that you hear of footballers having money problems is usually because of gambling, poor investments or injuries cutting their careers short, and even in those scenarios, players can still often get into football-related jobs after their playing career (coaching/ punditry/ in-house roles at a club), usually earning upwards of £1k per week.

Delph leaving for Man City is fine. His comments about being loyal are not. He's also risking his career, as he's just managed to force his way into the England team because of his performances at Villa. Milner, Young and Downing were all in the England team when at Villa, now where are they? Back on the fringes, and in Milner's case, thought of as 'Mr Rotation', instead of the next best English central midfielder, like he was thought of when playing for Villa.

If Delph does struggle to break into Man City's team, then loses his England place, then what has he gone for? Some cups, some medals and a bigger shed load of money than he already has. A bigger shed that he doesn't need, as he has more than 90% of the people in the country could ever dream of having.

Good look Fibian Wealth, I think you're going to need it.

• Like 2

Or with his very pregnant wife.

Yea you clutch those straws.

I think the post was just pointing out that regardless of City move Delph would have most likely been with his wife if she is due any day.

We all know he has gone.

From Delph's point of view it made no sense for him whatsoever to sign a contract if he planned to leave in summer. So the fact he did says to me the whole thing was put together by the club. So on that same basis why on earth would Delph say all those loyalties comments unless instructed to do so.? Makes no sense whatsoever.

I think he is just a honest pro that was manipulated in to thinking he was doing right by the club and the best for himself.

Good luck Delph. Thanks for helping us to stay in this league. Hope you go to play a part in winning things. Something you will never achieve here.

Going by comments on here he should have just left on a free.

Or not spouted a load of nonsense about loyalty, when he signed a new contract.

Clearly he shouldn't have done that. Question you have to ask yourself is why he did that when he planned on leaving?

I think fans are putting way to much emphasis on footballer interviews conducted by the club themselves. They are completely artificial PR stunts put in place by the club to keep the customer (fans) happy. They are not real.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Or with his very pregnant wife.

Yea you clutch those straws.

Well, Cliffy, there is no hard evidence yet that he is going, so I am happier to clutch at straws than to assume the worst.

Some do one thing, some do t'other.

From Delph's point of view it made no sense for him whatsoever to sign a contract if he planned to leave in summer. So the fact he did says to me the whole thing was put together by the club. So on that same basis why on earth would Delph say all those loyalties comments unless instructed to do so.? Makes no sense whatsoever.

I think he is just a honest pro that was manipulated in to thinking he was doing right by the club and the best for himself.

Good luck Delph. Thanks for helping us to stay in this league. Hope you go to play a part in winning things. Something you will never achieve here.

If you're insinuating that Delph only said those 'loyalty' comments in his interview, because the club asked him to, or even scripted it, then that is truly laughable and you need a reality check.

The club won't give the players scripts unless it's a comedy 'Merry Christmas from Aston Villa' video. Players aren't actors.

• Like 1

If you're insinuating that Delph only said those 'loyalty' comments in his interview, because the club asked him to, or even scripted it, then that is truly laughable and you need a reality check.

The club won't give the players scripts unless it's a comedy 'Merry Christmas from Aston Villa' video. Players aren't actors.

He would have been told to say what the fans wanted to hear. If you think everything he said came from the heart and had no influence from the club then it's you that need a reality check my friend.

Do you think the whole thing was shot in one take?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I think what people have to realise is that when he signed that contract he was the best, but still only an average, player in a poor midfield.

He would never have thought, at that point, that by the summer window he would become much more sought after.

I think fans are putting way to much emphasis on footballer interviews conducted by the club themselves. They are completely artificial PR stunts put in place by the club to keep the customer (fans) happy. They are not real.

They are really though, aren't they?

They're words spoken by a player, which will be quoted for years. Players aren't actors or performing monkeys, he'll have said what he wanted to say at the time.

If, like you think, Delph was planning to leave, then why would he say the 'loyalty' stuff, knowing that in six months time he'd go from 'captain and good guy' to 'lying rocket polisher' ?

They are really though, aren't they?

They're words spoken by a player, which will be quoted for years. Players aren't actors or performing monkeys, he'll have said what he wanted to say at the time.

If, like you think, Delph was planning to leave, then why would he say the 'loyalty' stuff, knowing that in six months time he'd go from 'captain and good guy' to 'lying rocket polisher' ?

I've already told you why I think he said those things. They aren't actors or performing monkeys but they are getting paid millions of pounds a year. They have an obligation to act how their employers request.

Footballs changed mate. Its big business now. It's not just players that have lost their soul. It's hard to accept but it's the reality.

The only thing that is real is what happens on the pitch and immediate post match interviews.. The rest is pure PR

We'll have to just wait for his book to read the truth ;)

Â