Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Yes I know that but he was still a terrific player for us. Martin Oneill's best signing in my view. 

Milner IMHO.

Some may say Milner I say Young as Milner really only gave us one great season, Young gave us several and was the catalyst for Villa's upturn in fortune under Oneill.

• Like 3

Yes I know that but he was still a terrific player for us. Martin Oneill's best signing in my view. 

Milner IMHO.

Some may say Milner I say Young as Milner really only gave us one great season, Young gave us several and was the catalyst for Villa's upturn in fortune under Oneill.

I loved Young, he was great (if frustrating). Milner completed our midfield and we haven't ever replaced him.

Although we haven't replaced Young either!

I guess it comes down to preference :)

• Like 1

Aye, love him or hate him Ash was a great player for us, it seemed every goal we scored under the MON went through him.

Ash was class for us, Young,MIlner,Barry,Petrov,Downing. What a midfield we used to have, Benteke would have a field day with that midfield behind him

• Like 3

There were two occasions against United when he received the ball in/near the penalty box and managed to shoot it right at their blocking defenders. He needs to get calmer when it comes to his finishing part. Delph could easily pretend to take a shot so their defenders would get lost then simply bury it home! We all know that he can easily beat a man or two with his dribbling skills, hoping to see something similar in/near the box any time soon! 

• Like 1

Have I missed something? Has Delph said he is leaving?

Well stalling on signing a new deal and if it's true that he's sold his house and is living in the Belfry.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then there's a good chance it's a duck.

Is this true?

No

Rumours like this are ridiculous. Why the hell would a footballer on £50k a week need/want to sell his house months before he moves and live in a bloody hotel.

• Like 1

I wonder how the fans will treat him if he goes on a free at the end of the season. You look at Ashley Young who was a far better player for us and we got a good fee for him, yet our fans boo him from the first minute saturday.

I was wondering this. Did our fans hate Young as soon as he joined United or only after he dived to win a penalty against us in 2012?

He got a good round of applause when he first came back and then completely clattered into Albrighton which drew a few boos. But yeah the infamous dive did it for any future goodwill.

• Like 2

Well stalling on signing a new deal and if it's true that he's sold his house and is living in the Belfry.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then there's a good chance it's a duck.

Is this true?

No
Rumours like this are ridiculous. Why the hell would a footballer on £50k a week need/want to sell his house months before he moves and live in a bloody hotel.
Exactly. Utter nonsense.

Is this true?
No
Exactly. Utter nonsense.

To be fair he was living at the Belfry for a period last season

Can someone tell me what he actually does better than Cleverley while most of you are not rating him. Should he not be our ceative midfielder??

Links play going forward not just sideways, drives forward both with the ball and without it, is better in the tackle, is better with both feet, is quicker and covers mistakes very well due to a great ability to read the game in attack and defence; most importantly he can play various styles, such as long ball, counter, short passing, physical, he's a great supportive player who can fit into any team rather than needing X,Y and Z players around him to get his best.

We need his box to box attitude, we would lose too much from our balance if he was detailed to be creative. 

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Can someone tell me what he actually does better than Cleverley while most of you are not rating him. Should he not be our ceative midfielder??

Links play going forward not just sideways, drives forward both with the ball and without it, is better in the tackle, is better with both feet, is quicker and covers mistakes very well due to a great ability to read the game in attack and defence; most importantly he can play various styles, such as long ball, counter, short passing, physical, he's a great supportive player who can fit into any team rather than needing X,Y and Z players around him to get his best.

We need his box to box attitude, we would lose too much from our balance if he was detailed to be creative. 

Hmmm? But leave him out and there is not much difference between him and Westwood. 

Hmmm? But leave him out and there is not much difference between him and Westwood. 

We talking Delph or Cleverley? 

If Delph I think there's a world of difference, if Cleverley, you're probably right in some respects, they are similar and give similar outcomes.

I actually don't think we'll get the best of TC and Westy unless we get some wide/creative/dribbling players, they are patient players who need someone dynamic to pass to, a reason I think we're better with Delph, he certainly is dynamic. 

Â