Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Delph has been fairly good this season but I dont think he warrants an England place, he has too many faults with his game. He is improving though which is good to see.

I think he stands out in Villa's midfield largely due to the fact that the rest of them are bloody awful

Delph has been fairly good this season but I dont think he warrants an England place, he has too many faults with his game. He is improving though which is good to see.

I think he stands out in Villa's midfield largely due to the fact that the rest of them are bloody awful

Can't argue with that

Something tells me its not just a bug or whatever lambert said it was before the west ham game, any news on why he was out today?

Still recovering from illness. Presumably it was the same illness that kept Clark out against Spurs and also why he didn't start against Everton the following week.

Something tells me its not just a bug or whatever lambert said it was before the west ham game, any news on why he was out today?

Still recovering from illness. Presumably it was the same illness that kept Clark out against Spurs and also why he didn't start against Everton the following week.

Good point.

Why?

Just wondering is all, with such an injury prone player getting into good form it would probably be just our luck.

Did Clark have this tendon problem also when he was out for a bit too long with illness?

He was only out for a week wasn't he?

Yes, I think so. Even though he started on the bench the next game and came on when Luna got injured. Which some of us thought was because of his illness.

So, no conspiracy? ;)

Edited by AVTuco

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3532511,00.html

News
0,,10265~8860757,00.gif

Manager on Monday: Lambert hopeful of Delph return for derby
Boss explains Fabian Delph absence.
11th Nov 2013

0,,10265~12324188,00.jpg

0,,10265~11446916,00.jpg

Fabian Delph is expected to be fit for the West Midlands derby clash against West Bromwich Albion despite missing the win over Cardiff with a knee injury.

Delph, who sat out the goalless draw at West Ham the previous weekend because of illness, picked up an injury in trainingicon1.png in the run-up to the Bluebirds encounter.

But, after two games on the sidelines, the former Leeds midfielder is likely to be back for the trip to The Hawthorns.

Meanwhile, Antonio Luna and Andreas Weimann [both hamstring] are also targeting the Baggiesgameicon1.png, but it is feared Gabby Agbonlahor could be out for longer with his ankle problem.

"I think Fabian will be okay for the West Brom game," said managericon1.png Paul Lambert.

"He hurt his knee in training. We have caught the international break at the right time.

"Our injuries have been relentless. When you look at the side we put out we've got a lot of injuries.

"We've got half a team out. It shows when you have two academy kids on the bench."

Snap up match tickets for Villa v Sunderland.

Luna back would be huge. While I think we look a shade bit better defending when Clark or Baker is at LB, I think the team will benefit overall with Luna and Delph back

Clark probably got in more crosses on saturday than we are used to from Luna.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Â