Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

It would be great if Delph had a real good midfielder playing alongside him who was calm and able to keep possession. Delph could do the stuff he does well a bit higher up and then we could really see how good he is.

I do understand mwj's point that some of what Delph does goes to waste. It's not his fault, but it happens.

Yep shows his commitment to Villa.

Doesn't really, he's after a new contract, he's hardly going to say that he wants to move after a yr if a bigger offer comes along.

Isn't him wanting a new contract showing his commitment?

Doesn't really, he's after a new contract, he's hardly going to say that he wants to move after a yr if a bigger offer comes along.

For a short term yes, but realistically football contracts mean very little. Look at Benteke most of us think he will be gone next summer even though he has signed a new contract.

• Like 1

For a short term yes, but realistically football contracts mean very little. Look at Benteke most of us think he will be gone next summer even though he has signed a new contract.

Benteke is a pretty exceptional circumstance though in that he's one of the hottest young players in Europe. As much I like Delph, he aint that (yet).

Villa is having a "typical" Villa season where we sometimes win out of nothing and that makes us optimistic until we lose the game after and begin to shit talk every player. Delph has been our best player this season and that is the reason everybody choose him as MOTM. After him Bacuna, Clark and then Benteke (because of his absence). I love Villa and I love Delph. Yes his aggression could cost him the England spot but his still a young player and could easily get better and better! 

No new Aston Villa contract for Fabian Delph.. in case it messes with his head 24 Oct 2013 22:29

Boss Lambert promises to look at handing in-form midfielder another deal but fears doing it now will "disrupt" him

Aston-Villa-v-Tottenham-Hotspur-Premier-Wait for it! Delph's current contract runs until the end of next season
Michael Regan

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has ruled out handing England hopeful Fabian Delph a new deal as he does not want to “disrupt” him.

Lambert has been delighted with the 23-year-old’s form in central midfield.

Delph, who joined from Leeds in 2009, claims he wants to stay with the Villans for the rest of his career.

But Lambert is in no rush, despite the star’s contract being up at the end of next season.

Lambert said: “He still has a good bit to go on his current contract. That will be something we look at down the line a little bit.

“At the moment he is enjoying his football and playing really well. There is no need for me to disrupt that.

“He is competing well against every opponent but he has to maintain that.”

Mirror

• Like 1

Â