Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

There was an amazing bit of play from Delph yesterday where he was stuck in the penalty area facing his own goal with the ball and 2 players tight on him. He not only managed to turn his way out of it and come away with the ball, outsprinting everyone, he ran almost the whole length of the pitch with it. Only a handful of players in the PL athletic enough to do something like that.

I remember watching that. Just absolutely brilliant play.

• Like 1

One of the key players in our team right now. Think he has the skills to play a variety of roles within the midfield and I'm very happy to see that he is looking to occasionally get beyond/support the striker. His ability to beat players on a regular basis should create space for others to exploit or give him the chance to play the killer pass if he can. Hopefully he continues the improvement and becomes a driving force for us in the years to come.

Fooking love delph.

That's it.

I've picked the above quote because it was the latest.

It wasn't long ago people were saying "not good enough"  "too many mistakes" "loses the ball in the wrong areas".

Perhaps some people on here should consider this turnaround when commenting on some of our more recent signings who have the added difficulty of coming to a new country and having to settle in with and worry about their wives, girlfirends, children etc.

Perspective, that's all i'm saying. :)

We spent loads of money on Delph, though - that's how we know he's good.

With hindsight, I only wish we'd paid more for him as he'd therefore be an even better player now.

• Like 1

c'mon theres no denying that beginning of last season he was sh it? and even before last season he had shown nothing to prove the money we paid for him he was lazy and uninterested, he was, and still is to an extent too weak to be in the centre

however, such a turnaround with thanks to paul and his team, not only has delph got his confidence back but hes also playing smarter

still doing stupid tackles though...

• Like 2

We spent loads of money on Delph, though - that's how we know he's good.

With hindsight, I only wish we'd paid more for him as he'd therefore be an even better player now.

that doesnt make sense though. we spend a lot on NRC or Cuellar and they never looked like being good.

I was one of his biggest critics but he has won me over in last 6 months and glad to be proven wrong :)

My above post was an attempt at irony that was either far too successful or nowhere near successful enough (probably the latter). It was a reference to the way some posters are always complaining that we don't spend enough money...though in hindsight it was probably a bit unnecessary and I shouldn't have made it.

I just get a bit annoyed at people partially writing off our players because they're not expensive enough or because they don't immediately perform, which is why I quoted the post above my own which was making a similar point.

Edited by Panto_Villan

Who would people rather delph or wilshire?

Wilshere.

Before Wilshere suffered his injury setback he was producing incredible performances for a 19 year old - including running the midfield at the Nou Camp against Xavi and Iniesta. Delph took absolutely ages for his form to recover after his own injury problems. It is only really in the last few months that he has started to perform at a good level. I remember listening to an interview with him on AVTV where he described how hard his recovery was and that, among other things, he was only just turning with the ball as well as he had done previously. Wilshere is in a comparable period of trying to recover his pre-injury form.

It's just fashionable to hate Wilshere cos he's the media's golden boy and a bit of a nob on the pitch, but, personally, I hope he has an injury free season and finds his form again. I like watching exciting players play. 

• Like 1

Who would people rather delph or wilshire?

delph, although neither for england

i cant comment on wilshire before injury as i hadnt seen him play, however he has shown nothing in an england shirt to prove his worth, quite average

My above post was an attempt at irony that was either far too successful or nowhere near successful enough (probably the latter). It was a reference to the way some posters are always complaining that we don't spend enough money...though in hindsight it was probably a bit unnecessary and I shouldn't have made it.

I just get a bit annoyed at people partially writing off our players because they're not expensive enough or because they don't immediately perform, which is why I quoted the post above my own which was making a similar point.

ah ok. it can be hard to read these things on a forum at times :P

We just need to be careful not to go too far the other way when commenting on Wilshere.  I've been as vocal as anyone in laughing at how unbelievably over-rated he is in the English media.  That's not to say he's shite though.  He's just not competing with Messi for world player of the year in the way football pundits would have you believe.  It's possible to be a decent Premier League footballer and his Welsh team-mate has shown us that it can take a long time to come back properly from an injury.  Maybe we just need to hold council on him for a while.  I just wish the media would do the same because as we've seen in here, all it does is get the fans' backs up and they start resenting a player for being over-rated when he himself hasn't actually done anything wrong.

• Like 1

Â