Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

This is where I am with Fonzie:

He has alot of raw talent, you see it in patches, glimmering moments of brilliance (he took 2 players on then cannoned the ball back off the post last season, it was ace).

The reason he never gets played is because he hides.

He isn't determined enough, if he loses the ball he enters this 'shell'.. it takes 10 mins for him to come out of it.

Good players say 'right, i was shit then, im not going to be shit again, gimme the **** ball' - i just dont see that in him.

I REALLY want him to be this pacey, strong, technically gifted center forward...hell knows he COULD be.. he just has to want it.

Fonz, if you're reading this, you can do it.. just believe in yourself..

• 4 weeks later...

no idea why he was given a new contract McCleish doesn't rate him and even when Bent is misfiring he doesn't get a look in. I expect to see him turning out for Aldershot in less than two years, he may have raw talent but if we never get to see it then what's the point?

He just doesn't cut it for me :(
why on earth not?

Because his steak knife was too blunt. I wouldn't blame Delfouneso though, it's a real pig to get a decent set of steak knives these days.

no idea why he was given a new contract McCleish doesn't rate him and even when Bent is misfiring he doesn't get a look in. I expect to see him turning out for Aldershot in less than two years, he may have raw talent but if we never get to see it then what's the point?

how do you know he doesn't rate him?

how do you know he doesn't rate him?

I don't for certain, but has he started him in the Premiership - in fact has he given him more than 10 mins football (league cup aside). If he has faith in him why did he recall Weimann?

We've played average teams and barely had a performance to write home about and Bent has been mostly average or starved of service, wouldn't Delf be the best attacking option when losing or drawing? Instead he brings on Albrighton.

well maybe a lower Championship or a League 1 team be better for everybody as he isnt developing and sitting on the bench isnt helping

he would rip up league 1

Of course he would but we're not in that league are we? We're in potentially the best league in the world and he's had season after boring season to shine, to show us what he has, and he hasn't delivered. He's been shipped to the championship to have a go there and to get game time but he couldn't even hack that. Just because he was once young, english and pacey people got it in their heads he was the next big thing. He's not, and he won't be. Heck, if he turns out to be what you're making out I'd happily donate to VT. It ain't happening, well I can't see it anyway and I've been keeping tabs on him ever since he was spoken about. Not underestimating him as a person nor a player for that matter, I'm just sick hearing people making out he'll one day become good. You'll be saying it 10 years time and not realize the bastards about to retire!

He is still only 20 though. Players develop at different rates, let's not write him off totally just yet. He's play for England U21's, he's got some pedigree, I think we get a bit impatient with our youngsters.

Most of the players we've had go through the England U21 setup have played a fair bit of PL football and I believe that Delfouneso is capable of this also. Whether with us or someone else remains to be seen.

He is still only 20 though. Players develop at different rates, let's not write him off totally just yet. He's play for England U21's, he's got some pedigree, I think we get a bit impatient with our youngsters.

Most of the players we've had go through the England U21 setup have played a fair bit of PL football and I believe that Delfouneso is capable of this also. Whether with us or someone else remains to be seen.

agreed entirely

agreed entirely

Its going to be really hard for him to get a chance in his main position when we have the current England no. 9, a player - in Gabby - that is pushing hard for a call up to England and the former England no. 9, especially when we are playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-5-1 (all with a 1 up top).

I would definitely let him out on loan to a place where he will get games. Maybe to the Premier League to an Aberdeen or Kilmarnock?

Â