Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

earlier i saw a tiny fly get stuck in a spider's web under a table in the garden. a few minutes later the spider rocked up and a battle followed. spider tried all sorts of complex wrestling moves while the fly frantically tried to escape. the wind was pretty light but it still made the web vibrate and the whole thing was like a boss battle in an average platform game. eventually the fly wriggled free and fell onto the decking and escaped. i laughed. **** spiders.

Spent the day with my dad yesterday.

Bit of work helping him out in the garden in the morning.

Then took him to the Heritage Motor Centre next to where I work and spent 3 hours there (it's actually awesome. I've worked next to it for 7 years and never actually visited it, despite it being free). he absolutely loved it, and he was better than a tour guide. Spent most of the time listening to him natter on about all the cars and which ones he'd owned/fixed/built/driven-in-the-army/wanted etc

Had a coffee and then drove home to meet my mom and took them for a nice dinner.

Sounds like a normal day, but it was really great. I should do it more often while I have the chance.

That's really nice. Makes me realise I should spend more time with my Dad as oppose to the odd hour here and there complaining about the Villa!  :)

• Like 1

Not quite, but I'm catching him up!

Not for long though, he starts treatment again next week!

Too dark?

Haha! Omg.

You're my kinda guy!

:crylaugh:

Positivity and jokes in the face of a completely shitty situation is the best thing in my opinion.

:thumb:

• Like 2

Went to watch Tamworth (win) at the Lamb today, really enjoyed it. Took my 4 year old son to his first game. Tray of chips at HT, couple of pints in the clubhouse after. That's what football is all about isn't it?

Result was 3-2, the Leamington GK was shocking, throwing 2 of the 3 goals in himself.

Highlight was the Tamworth keeper getting announced as MOTM at exactly the point he conceded their second goal. Talk about commentators curse.

Edit: I was also convinced my phone was on the blink because it gave the goal alert for Benteke's goal but nothing else... surprised to learn it was working correctly!

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Went to watch Tamworth (win) at the Lamb today, really enjoyed it. Took my 4 year old son to his first game. Tray of chips at HT, couple of pints in the clubhouse after. That's what football is all about isn't it?

Result was 3-2, the Leamington GK was shocking, throwing 2 of the 3 goals in himself.

Highlight was the Tamworth keeper getting announced as MOTM at exactly the point he conceded their second goal. Talk about commentators curse.

Edit: I was also convinced my phone was on the blink because it gave the goal alert for Benteke's goal but nothing else... surprised to learn it was working correctly!

Sounds good

I went to watch Rushall Olympic v FC United of Manchester a few weeks back. Very enjoyable! Fish n chips before the game, couple of pints of bitter in the club house and an honest game of football. 

• Like 1

My first bike ride since October today. Really warm and sunny after a miserable winter. It snowed just 3 days ago. But it was about 60F today, so I pumped up my bike and stretched out my lungs. Man, I am out of shape!

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Expecting a dismal performance on Saturday, I opted for Rugby instead. 

Lunch with one of the Directors of the club who turned out to be a proper gent, followed by a hugely exciting match which saw London Scottish continue their resurrection from the dead by clinching a playoff spot.

Then I get home to see Big Chris(tian) had bagged us the winner over Spurs. What an excellent day.

Just booked tickets for the Oprys 90th anniversary celebrations in Nashville in October. So happy.

Wow! I bet that will be amazing! Even as a moderate Country music fan, I'm jealous!

• Like 1

Â