Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Spending four hours mowing the lawn, cooking a shitload of pakoras and a chicken and mushroom masala and now relaxing in the sun with an ice cold el cid . Almost as good as D1 above :P

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 2

IMG_20140601_130414223.jpg

Spending three hours building a composting area (or an E-bay as I call it) on the allotment...

...and relaxing with a cold beer in the garden.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Spending four hours mowing the lawn, cooking a shitload of pakoras and a chicken and mushroom masala and now relaxing in the sun with an ice cold el cid . Almost as good as D1 above :P

Four hours ?? Did you use scissors

• Like 3

IMG_20140601_130414223.jpg

Spending three hours building a composting area (or an E-bay as I call it) on the allotment...

...and relaxing with a cold beer in the garden.

looks a bit neater than my* allotment

We had random potatoes today as part of our Sunday lunch. We were tidying up random spud plants that had grown up in between onion rows and sweetcorn rows and it turned out a good few of these (probs missed from last years crop) actually had decent spuds below them. Had a good few for lunch, the remainder are going to form the base of a fry up in about 30 minutes or so.

*not actually mine, it's Mrs P's in reality but she sees herself as more of a land owner and master planner with me as her peasant labour

*not actually mine, it's Mrs P's in reality but she sees herself as more of a land owner and master planner with me as her peasant labour

This is our exact relationship as well. I'm not allowed anywhere near actual horticulture, I'm just there for the digging and heavy lifting, etc. 

• Like 1

This is our exact relationship as well. I'm not allowed anywhere near actual horticulture, I'm just there for the digging and heavy lifting, etc. 

It is what they call the Mellors role, extra duties may be required.  :)

tell me about it

I had to prune a rather large misshaped bush for her earlier today

tell me about it

Yes, the widow down the road has let her box get completely out of control.

She said that when her husband was alive he was a dab hand at topiary and would trim it into all sorts of pleasing shapes.

Unfortunately, she has let it get out of hand and her son says his step-ladders are not tall enough to trim the top.

She really needs to get a professional in because she says it is beginning to block the light.

Woman I used to work with told me her mother in law once said to her (in the garden) "Ooh, you've got a lovely clitoris". *

* For the non-gardeners, I think she meant clematis. But perhaps not. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

It is what they call the Mellors role, extra duties may be required. :)

tell me about it

Yes, the widow down the road has let her box get completely out of control.

She said that when her husband was alive he was a dab hand at topiary and would trim it into all sorts of pleasing shapes.

Unfortunately, she has let it get out of hand and her son says his step-ladders are not tall enough to trim the top.

She really needs to get a professional in because she says it is beginning to block the light.

My innuendo alarm is going insane here
  • Like 2

Â