Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Never thought I'd say this but cant wait for dunne to get fit

In our present position Richard i totally agree. Until January we must play our best team available to make sure that there's not too much of a gap between us and the mid placed teams. With Dunne's experience and Vlaar doing ok they are the best partnership available for the relegation battle ahead.

Too true.

Taking nothing away from Clark whatsoever but right now we need all the experienced heads in there at the minute.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still prefer to see clark get more games. our problems are in midfield tbh.

Yes but in a way I am glad he just didn't waste money on 'plugging the midfield' with any old crap (Jenas all over again).

Hopefully we can get by until Jan and he is able to get the kind of midfield experience we need at the right price.

Great defending from the chap. At this rate he will make it hard for Dunne to walk straight back into the team.

To be honest I doubt that was ever going to be the case. Clark has never really had a real run of games at centre-back until this season and is constantly improving. He's been solid. I'd like to see Vlaar and Clark remain. Defending hasn't been bad this season on the whole - it's just the rest of the park we need to improve upon.

done great this season... always looks composed and provides us with an attacking threat from set pieces, which is ace...

natural leader on the pitch - if he keeps developing could be a villa great in years to come...

im a big fan...

UTV

everytime i see that 1st Hernandez goal I keep thinking why didnt clark make a tackle.

Could it be this was running through his head? Different player I know, but I guess there's a sense that if you tackle a Utd player in the box....

WqQ3Q.gif

Hernandez wasn't in the box though! Clark had THREE chances to get a tackle in he but failed to do so. Watch the replay and if you've got a football brain you'll see what I mean. His positioning was poor in the first place! I've been saying for ages that I'm not a big fan of his. Vlaar definitely needs an experienced partner to be signed in January. I'm not a fan of Dunne either but I wouldn't mind seeing how he'd play alongside Vlaar.

Â