Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear FAI,

A glaring error (see below, highlighted in red) has recently been brought to my attention in regards to the following article published on your website yesterday:

======

Kelly to captain Ireland against Uruguay

Monday, 28 March 2011 13:51

Fulham defender Stephen Kelly will captain the Republic of Ireland senior team for the first time when they face Uruguay tomorrow (Tuesday) night in the 3 International friendly at the Aviva Stadium (7.45pm).

Keiren Westwood continues in goal, while Kelly will be partnered by Darren O'Dea in central-defence, with Kevin Foley and Ciaran Clarke filling the full-back berths.

Across midfield will be Liam Lawrence, Paul Green, Keith Fahey and Andrew Keogh with the striker's berths handed to James McCarthy and Shane Long.

REP OF IRELAND: Westwood (Coventry City); Foley (Wolves), O'Dea (Ipswich Town), Kelly (Fulham), Clarke (Aston Villa); Lawrence (Portsmouth), Green (Derby County), Fahey (Birmingham City), Keogh (Bristol City); McCarthy (Wigan Athletic), Long (Reading).

======

As the below picture indicates, someone in your media dept. either has a strange fetish for vowels or is a blithering idiot:

ClarkNotClarke.jpg

As if I haven't got enough to be upset about as an Aston Villa fan this season, I don't need to see arguably our best young player (one who has actually opted to switch national allegiances to yourselves, no less) branded with such unnecessary and heavy-handed vowel usage. Please can you amend your news accordingly and ensure such schoolboy errors do not happen in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Gareth Roberts pedantic & disgruntled

:clap: :notworthy: :crylaugh:

Â