Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I honestly think sven will get the job! at the moment this guy seems to be applying for every job available...During his lazio days before the england job he was a really good coach. A positive for villa is that he does have a good eye for foreign talent if they play regulary.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't want Sven personally! I think he wasn't that good at Man City and he was crap at Notts County.

Glenn Hoddle might be a good option.

I think I may be the only one who does not see the attraction in Jol.

I didn't see the amazing job he did at Spurs? Did he qualify for the CL? Did he not spend a fortune on crap players, something people keep reminding MON about?

Somebody please give me the facts as to why he would be the best replacement for MON above everybody else.

The list of candidates offered by the bookies is pretty mediocre but I'm most disappointed by the complete lack of inspiring and interesting suggestions from the longterm anti-O'Neill brigade. C'mon boys - this is your time to shine!

So just because people dont like O'Neill doesnt automatically mean they have a direct replacement in line.

The O'Neill haters are just as bad as the O'Neill cant do no wrong and is second only to Paul McGrath on this earth grigade!

the games moved on since glenn last managed IMO

and Jol is going to cost a ton of money and only wanted to leave ajax due to lack of funds, he'd be my first choice but its not going to happen

ray houghton was on TS this morning suggesting moyes, which i also cant see i think he'll sit tight until a really big job comes his way, and mark hughes, which would be another nail in footballs coffin IMO

ray houghton was on TS this morning suggesting moyes, which i also cant see i think he'll sit tight until a really big job comes his way, and mark hughes, which would be another nail in footballs coffin IMO

Moyes just on TS too, dismissed Villa role stating he will be at Everton this year.

Jol was a bout of food poisoning away from 4th place remember, he was unfairly sacked by Spurs, and it was the team he assembled that qualified for the CL this year. Jol is a fantastic manager, and would be the perfect man to get us top 4.

Jol was a bout of food poisoning away from 4th place remember, he was unfairly sacked by Spurs, and it was the team he assembled that qualified for the CL this year. Jol is a fantastic manager, and would be the perfect man to get us top 4.

Whats your point? I think we have established that about 95% of Villa fans would make him 1st choice. :winkold:

Wiggy

I was responding to the chap who wanted some reasons why Jol should be manager.

At least its not like signings, we are guaranteed to get a manager.

I just want a quality manager who will get us to push on, so someone like Pulis wouldn't be that man.

I would like Sven. Think he would do a wonderful job, complete oppisite to (psycho) MON, calm, tactical, good man manegement. He has sufferd alot alot of bad undeserved press in England. We swedes who know him a bit better by better journalists and press like him.

Sven gets my vote.

Wiggy

I was responding to the chap who wanted some reasons why Jol should be manager.

At least its not like signings, we are guaranteed to get a manager.

I just want a quality manager who will get us to push on, so someone like Pulis wouldn't be that man.

So we agree that Jol would be a perfect replacement 8)

Why would you not want Pulis?

I would like Sven. Think he would do a wonderful job, complete oppisite to (psycho) MON, calm, tactical, good man manegement. He has sufferd alot alot of bad undeserved press in England. We swedes who know him a bit better by better journalists and press like him.

Sven gets my vote.

Sven would be more interested in nailing the cleaner!!!

I just think Pulis is just like MON though, we'll play defensive football and fail to break down teams just like what always cost us in our CL chases.