Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not opposed to Bilic to be honest. Might be able to dig up a few technically gifted players from the continent. Seems an intelligent guy, handles the media well and is a fan of passing football. Could be a flop but who knows.

Who was our last "foreign" manger? Venglos?

Ad much as it pains me to say it. Hope we don't go british. We need someone who understands international football and has a range of scouting networks abroad. British players are the core of your side, of course. But they will only take you so far imo.

Also hope whoever we get signs us a good striker. We've only been waiting about 11 years since Yorke left!

I have no idea who, just not Sven. Zzzzzz.

Bilic sounds good to me. Guy has an aura about him. Though didn't get Croatia to the world cup!

They did lose some key players and England were uncharacteristically decent in the same qualifying group.

He's not someone I'm desperate for but he certainly has potential.

If not then Dom Wren has certainly done enough to deserve a go tbh. :winkold:

Bilic sounds good to me. Guy has an aura about him. Though didn't get Croatia to the world cup!

They did lose some key players and England were uncharacteristically decent in the same qualifying group.

This man knows best!!

Apparently he is the second highest rated international manager behind Dunga?

See.

If he can just be allowed to focus on the football side of things then Sven would do well I think. It's not that long ago that Chelsea and Manure were both sniffing after Sven, and to be honest he did a decent job in his one and only season at city finishing 9th with a practically new team (**** needed it after Stuart 'piss poor' Pearce!). Especially when you consider that MON finished lower with a more settled team in his first season. The problem with Sven is all the bloody baggage he brings!

Not sure if this name has been floated already, but I believe Carlos Quieroz (sic?) might be available. I know Portugal weren't impressive at the WC, but he was an assistant under SAF at United and you'd like to think some good rubbed off.

This man knows best!!

Apparently he is the second highest rated international manager behind Dunga?

See.

Can I help? I'm great at picking up cones and stuff.

Can't see how Bilic would be any better than Bradley? He has no club managerial experience and has achieved about as much in his international managerial career as Maradonna ffs.

Please somebody explain what Bilic has actually done other than being charismatic to deserve the Villa job?