Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Not too fussed on Sven to be perfectly honest. If it came down to Sven or Southgate I'd chop an arm off to take Sven though. =/
i swear,if that compleat big nosed CU.T was to get the job i'd go over and punch that nose straight..he left us in the shite years ago to **** off to that pile of poo boro..

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd much prefer Curbishley to Sven I think ...

Moyes....Hughes, Jol but don't think we'll get them.

Even worse than Shearer it could be Andy Gray!!

Why would you want Curbishley over Sven?

Curbishley has never won anything and his only success was keeping Charlton mid table for the length of time he did, if we're to progress surely we require something with a track record that is a bit better than that.

Sven on the other hand has won the double in three different countries.

curbs ONLY managed to keep a club with a small revenue stable in the prem by using a mixture of low cost astute signings and home grown talent. i can see why someone might think he would fit our needs.

Stop thinking football, its about $$$$. therefore Bradley is nailed on, think about it, the whole of the US would be watching us, well for a week at least. Sorry guys, but lets face it, good football or not, its all about the money!

To be honest, some things in football are certainly about this. I can't believe that when Man Utd bought Park-Ji Sung, they didn't think "This lad is going to be South Korea's best player in a few years time, so our reputation over there will increase massively".

I just really hope that the board wouldn't make such an important decision like a new manager based on global appeal.

I think Klinsmann is the best we can expect really, and other than the Jol the only one I'd really be happy with.

When manager of Germany, he took a great interest in bringing through younger players to replace the old ones from the previous Euros, so we could count on him to keep faith with the academy.

He took Germany to the World Cup semis despite huge criticism from the national press during the qualifying campaign, which shows he can handle pressure, get a system of playing in place and quickly identify his best team.

And personally I think Bayern fired him prematurely. He may have been not getting the best of results, but towards the end of his reign the team were on the up, and I think taking over a project like Villa, where the aims are long-term, he'd be given the time to establish himself and produce future results.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes. He's played here before, so he knows the football culture, he speaks decent English, and he's not afraid to really shake things up. Just what we need in my opinion.

I've been impressed with Klinsman from the couple of interviews of seen of him recently, plus he's obviously played in the PL.

Don't get me wrong Moyes would be my first choice.. but that ain't gonna happen..

Surely Moyes would have been in same category until he went to Everton and proved himself at the next level?

I think Klinsmann is the best we can expect really, and other than the Jol the only one I'd really be happy with.

When manager of Germany, he took a great interest in bringing through younger players to replace the old ones from the previous Euros, so we could count on him to keep faith with the academy.

He took Germany to the World Cup semis despite huge criticism from the national press during the qualifying campaign, which shows he can handle pressure, get a system of playing in place and quickly identify his best team.

And personally I think Bayern fired him prematurely. He may have been not getting the best of results, but towards the end of his reign the team were on the up, and I think taking over a project like Villa, where the aims are long-term, he'd be given the time to establish himself and produce future results.

The more I think about it the more sense it makes. He's played here before, so he knows the football culture, he speaks decent English, and he's not afraid to really shake things up. Just what we need in my opinion.

I've been impressed with Klinsman from the couple of interviews of seen of him recently, plus he's obviously played in the PL.

Klinsmann gets my vote too :thumb:

Sam Allardyce - not that I'd particularly want him, but I can see him being strongly linked. What would be the general consensus?

No.

very no.

reminds me of gregory in some ways - at one point in his career he was the future 'it' english manager but made bad career moves and is now just, well - where is gregory anyway?

Stop thinking football, its about $$$$. therefore Bradley is nailed on, think about it, the whole of the US would be watching us, well for a week at least. Sorry guys, but lets face it, good football or not, its all about the money!

:|

Money is very important but I don't think a man who spent £4 million on renovating an historic ruin will sign a manager just because it brings the club a week of interest in the U.S. I'm not saying Bradley won't be considered, just that it would be for his football credentials (not great in my opinion), and not for the very temporary publicity it would bring in the U.S.

:|

Money is very important but I don't think a man who spent £4 million on renovating an historic ruin will sign a manager just because it brings the club a week of interest in the U.S. I'm not saying Bradley won't be considered, just that it would be for his football credentials (not great in my opinion), and not for the very temporary publicity it would bring in the U.S.

i think you are right there - signing landon donovan would be a better bet for that.

There was a link including Allardyce last night. Said something about how he fells he should be given the chance to "manage a big club". ;)

Would I want him? No.

I don't rate Allardyce as a manager or like the style of football his teams play. There is also something about the man I really dislike. It could just be his whinging or the gum chewing but I really hope Randy looks elsewhere!