Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

What would people think of McLeish? :confused:

I didn't think much of him when he first joined, but since they've bounced back, he did very well last season. But I don't think he'd be the right man. Personally I'd need another season of him at Blues, so he can prove that it wasn't a fluke and that they are a top ten team. If he does that, then for me he's shown that he can manage.

Even if he is a ginger bastard.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see it being Bradley with MacDonald his assistant

To all those who want or don't want Bradley, you should just put it out of your mind. It's not going to happen. Lerner is suddenly on shaky P.R. ground, and appointing a relatively inexperienced American to manage the club at this point would trigger an avalanche of negative reactions.

Bradley is not ready to manage a Premiership side.

I just wish the people who don't want him here don't want him for that reason alone, not because he's American. If the American owner and goalkeeper are acceptable, then why not a manager, as long as he's got the credentials?

Jol looks like the best of a bad bunch.Forget Moyes, Everton would not even consider giving us permission to speak to him a few days before the start of a new season.Ideally I'd like Hiddink, but I think that's pie in the sky thinking unfortunatley.As for Curbishley, Allardyce etc **** right off thanks very much.

My outside bet is we go for Hughes, pay them the compensation which they then use to go for their orginal first choice of Jol, Al Fayed might not actually be annoyed by the move at all as many think, he might welcome it as the quickest buck he's made in a while which he can throw at Ajax to get his man.

We get Hughes and the guy who got some of Irelands best form, plays better football, and whilst being a total penis did a v.good job at Blackburn before whatever went wrong at City went wrong.

Could suit everyone, I imagine we'd all be relatively happy? He might even end up going out and getting his old fave Bellamy as well.

Jol looks like the best of a bad bunch.Forget Moyes, Everton would not even consider giving us permission to speak to him a few days before the start of a new season.Ideally I'd like Hiddink, but I think that's pie in the sky thinking unfortunatley.As for Curbishley, Allardyce etc **** right off thanks very much.

Yeah, the Moyes talk is ludicrous. He's the manager of Everton, who are essentially our equals. Why would he leave them for us, especially now?

I liked Jol a lot when he was at Spurs, I think he's shrewd and knowledgable.

But he might be a bit too gruff and cocky for Lerner's liking.

I think Randy will want a more docile type of manager who is just happy to have the job and won't put up a fight.

So I think it'll be Klinsmann or Erickson.

Steve McLaren anyone?

(This is a serious suggestion from someone who is now fixing a tin hat to his crust.)

Has just joined Wolfsburg. Can't see him moving now, nor Villa paying the compensation that would be required.

Steve McLaren anyone?

(This is a serious suggestion from someone who is now fixing a tin hat to his crust.)

Has just joined Wolfsburg. Can't see him moving now, nor Villa paying the compensation that would be required.

:oops: Oh, and there was me thinking he was still at Twente. Would rather rob Wolfsberg for SM than Fulham for MH, anyway.

I don't know, Erikkson just seems like a vagabond mercenary. What about the guy who got the boot from Real Madrid to make way for Mourinho? Is he an option? I don't recall that he's taken an new job. Maybe Villa can be his redemption. Getting the ax in such a public way may give him motivation to do more with less. Villa may be it. Maybe?