Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were 6 points of qualifying for CL football last season and TBF 3 of those were thrown away on the last day's performance, which was a disgrace

V Blackburn...so effectively we were 3 points off CL. MON should have given the youngsters a run out that day as we all know.

Don't kid yourselves people out there of the highest calibre won't want to manage this football club. however

the timing stinks in this case, a few days before the start of the season, which I firmly lay mainly at MON's feet.

We are still one of the biggest football clubs around with more football supporters clubs worldwide than Man Utd even!

Unless we're going to promote someone like Holloway (if he leaves Blackpool) & give him a shot at a big club then

I wouldn't be surprised if Randy ends up bringing in an American style head coach to tide us over for this season at least

Surely Sven could do a job, even if it is hard thinking he gives a monkeys!

1 x european cup final

3 x uefa cup finals - 1 win

1 x cup winers cup

1 x super cup

3 x portuguese league titles

1 x portuguese cup

1 x italian league title

4 x italian cups

2 x world cup quarter finals

1 x european championships quarter final

999 x legs over

The list of candidates offered by the bookies is pretty mediocre but I'm most disappointed by the complete lack of inspiring and interesting suggestions from the longterm anti-O'Neill brigade. C'mon boys - this is your time to shine!

So just because people dont like O'Neill doesnt automatically mean they have a direct replacement in line.

If someone bangs on about a problem for long enough, I don't think it's unreasonable for others to expect some kind of solution to be suggested. Otherwise you're just part of a bigger problem.

Those wanting Holloway need to look past his clever quips and his job with Blackpool. He left Plymouth in the lurch and promptly got Leicester relegated. Before that he was on garedning leave at QPR because he wasn't doing too cleverly.

I would like Sven. Think he would do a wonderful job, complete oppisite to (psycho) MON, calm, tactical, good man manegement. He has sufferd alot alot of bad undeserved press in England. We swedes who know him a bit better by better journalists and press like him.

Sven gets my vote.

Sven would be more interested in nailing the cleaner!!!

See, this comes from your shit media/journalists in England!!!

Sven Sven Sven!!!

The list of candidates offered by the bookies is pretty mediocre but I'm most disappointed by the complete lack of inspiring and interesting suggestions from the longterm anti-O'Neill brigade. C'mon boys - this is your time to shine!

So just because people dont like O'Neill doesnt automatically mean they have a direct replacement in line.

If someone bangs on about a problem for long enough, I don't think it's unreasonable for others to expect some kind of solution to be suggested. Otherwise you're just part of a bigger problem.

Martin Jol for me. Much better manager than O'Neill on every single level. Better coach, better tactics, better in the transfer market, better knowledge of European football, and less likely to behave like a teenage girl with PMT.

How would people feel about Hiddink doing a combined job at Villa and Turkey?

Yes please. Turkish side picks itself and the games are few and far inbetween.

Ill take him anyway we can! Quality manager. Even made the Australian National team play decent football! (and also managing PSV to a title at same time)

I can only imagine what he would do at Villa.

Have you heard anything mate? Hiddink or any other managers?

Martin Jol for me. Much better manager than O'Neill on every single level. Better coach, better tactics, better in the transfer market, better knowledge of European football, and less likely to behave like a teenage girl with PMT.

He seems a genuinely nice bloke too.. He was badly treated at Tottenham, it was nothing short of a disgrace... yet a couple of years later watching an interview with him - he came over as not being at all bitter, loved his time there, kept all of his memorabilia..and wanted to come back to the PL at some point.

I remember thinking at the time..don't worry Mr Jol.. "what goes around..comes around"

Even if you're right about all that, there's still the tricky problem of him staying exactly where he is.

How would people feel about Hiddink doing a combined job at Villa and Turkey?

I'd love it. He got me excited about Australian football again, and it would be awesome if he was in charge of Villa.