Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Yes, Randy has invested £100 million over the past 4 years. Being the businessman that he is, he obviously thinks that it would be best to save a couple of million on appointing a manager.

Come off it.

I'm so fed up of hearing how the reason why we haven't got Jol or Moyes is because Randy's going for the "cheap option". Complete BS.

Agree 100% with this

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Houllier have his own staff or does he tend to pick individuals from the club/country he's managing in - I know he worked with Thompson and Sammy Lee at Liverpool but did he also have his own team?

Remi Garde was his assistant at Lyon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9mi_Garde

According to this was linked with a DOF role at Arsenal.

Would Houllier have his own staff or does he tend to pick individuals from the club/country he's managing in - I know he worked with Thompson and Sammy Lee at Liverpool but did he also have his own team?

No he's not in the Benitez / MON mould, where their backroom staff go with them wherever they go. In Houllier's case it wouldn't be practical anyway as he keeps having stints working for the FFF in some technical director capacity or other usually.

the only thing that could really make this appointment worse for me is if we bring Stan the man Staunton in to,some said well, he'll only be a coach etc.thats not the point he's the type of arsehole that shouldn't have an opinion at any football club,pure and utter gobshite that already mugged the club off twice before..

No he's not in the Benitez / MON mould, where their backroom staff go with them wherever they go. In Houllier's case it wouldn't be practical anyway as he keeps having stints working for the FFF in some technical director capacity or other usually.

means we'll be a bit short in the staff department though doesnt it?

and his work with the FFF is a silver lining IMO, hopefully he can bring over some youngsters on the cheap, or just go get sakho or something

On the talksport interview, the French correspondent mentioned that Liverpool is definitely 'his club' and always will be and that he'll always have a place in his heart for Liverpool. If that is the case, then I don't really want him. I don't want a manager who is at Villa just for money or just as a job. I want him to genuinely want Villa to achieve greater things.

And I'd also get fed up of Houllier constantly talking about Liverpool akin to how much MON talked about Celtic.

It'll be interesting to see who he brings in then. I believe it can be difficult to fill coaching positions at this time of year.

On the talksport interview, the French correspondent mentioned that Liverpool is definitely 'his club' and always will be and that he'll always have a place in his heart for Liverpool. If that is the case, then I don't really want him. I don't want a manager who is at Villa just for money or just as a job. I want him to genuinely want Villa to achieve greater things.

And I'd also get fed up of Houllier constantly talking about Liverpool akin to how much MON talked about Celtic.

i dont want him here at all.but managers are going to like other clubs.if you want a manager to love Villa etc,we should be going for the likes of Little or someone like that..

It'll be interesting to see who he brings in then. I believe it can be difficult to fill coaching positions at this time of year.

is you're man Clark out of work,the fella that was coach at Chelsea and West Ham??.

Don't agree with this. Players are fans of other clubs too and it doesn't matter. He is not going to throw matches against Liverpool or anything.

I agree with the MON talking too much about Celtic though!

i dont want him here at all.but managers are going to like other clubs.if you want a manager to love Villa etc,we should be going for the likes of Little or someone like that..

If this were the case then every club would be managed or run by an ex-player, that's just daft. Hm, Brian Little or Jose Mourhino... decisions decisions, well Jose hasn't played for us, what a no-brainer!

I'm pretty sure it was during his time at Liverpool where he developed such a love for the club. If he had a long and successful stint at Villa I'm sure we would have a large place in his heart too. Like someone said earlier, he's not going to throw games against Liverpool just 'cos he loves them.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him at Villa because he 'supports' Liverpool, more that I'm worried he may always talk about Liverpool like what MON did with Celtic and also that I would like a manager who really wanted to manage Villa, not necessarily just want to manage a club in the Premier League. Although this kind of manager isn't available.

If it is Houllier, I'd support him but I still would think we should get a different manager.

I agree. I don't think he is a manager to be trusted with funds either. Arguably his best signings at Liverpool were Gary McAllister, Sami Hyypia, Dietmar Hamann and the loan signing of Nicolas Anelka. You look at some of the others with the money he spent and you really do wonder what he was thinking. Now I know MON had his critics in the transfer market but Houllier's IMO really is something else.

I have to be honest and say though that I am not surprised because I think most of us knew this next appointment was going to be a hard one and that many might be a little dubious or unhappy. Still, whatever the case we just have to get behind the team and club.

How many trophies has this french clearing in the woods won compared to Mr "super Oneil"

?

I dont trust Randies long term intentions, but i think this appointment is fcuking clever, and the right decision.

Why dont we just get behind a very succesful manager, and take what comes?

Honestly, so much bull and little sense :confused: