Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil Thompson is a very good assistant manager, regardless of what he is like as a person.

How can you know what he is like as an Assistant Manager ? By their very nature Assistant Managers don't really get credited with mush, so how do you KNOW he's such a good one ?

Because he took Liverpool to 2nd place in the league when Houllier was in hospital?

Then surely that would make him a Good Temporary Manager ?

All i care about is jacket potatos!

Crispy skin with a cheesy filling.......yummmy scrumptious!

Anyways, back on to managers.

It appears ive missed something here........namely Phil Thompson?

Where does he come into all of this?

OK, i know its proberly posted 25 pages back, but the speckled hen wont allow me to read that far back!!!!

Phil Thompson is a very good assistant manager, regardless of what he is like as a person.

How can you know what he is like as an Assistant Manager ? By their very nature Assistant Managers don't really get credited with mush, so how do you KNOW he's such a good one ?

Because he took Liverpool to 2nd place in the league when Houllier was in hospital?

Then surely that would make him a Good Temporary Manager ?

Does it matter?....He knows his stuff if he chooses to be an assistant or a temp manager he still knows what he is doing and is good at it.

Thompson was on soccer Saturday a couple of weeks ago and alongside the usual suspects on that program they were discovering Aston Villa. One of the things that stood out for me, mainly because he made me **** mad, was that in regard to us attracting a new manager and what fans should expect he said something along the lines of " this is Aston Villa we're talking about ( in a very condescending tone ) they have over achieved under O'Neill and they need to remember that.

People who see us like that are not the kind of people we need at this great football club.

For me, bringing in a new manager when the season has started is bad enough, but bringing in an assistant, and all the coaches that we need is a step too far. Promoting KMAc to assistant manager would at least mean someone on the senior management team (playing side) would know and already have the respect of the current players.

Phil Thompson has no link to Villa, ha snot worked as an AM since Houllier left Liverpool, so i don't see what he can bring that we don't already have. Of course I realise that Houllier might want someone he can trust, but perhaps KMAc can and should have a chance to be that man.

I never said he would be better than Kevin, I don't think anyone could compare them two people as they've never had the same role at any club.

It's not about what I see in Phil Thompson, people have nothing to fault the man on so they talk about his big nose.

It seems like the trend on this site for a good few people, find the faults in whoever has been linked with the club.

I never said he would be better than Kevin, I don't think anyone could compare them two people as they've never had the same role at any club.

It's not about what I see in Phil Thompson, people have nothing to fault the man on so they talk about his big nose.

It seems like the trend on this site for a good few people, find the faults in whoever has been linked with the club.

Cracker, that's the point of a forum !

I have not slagged him off for his nose, i just don't see what he can bring to Villa. From what i've seen he'e absolutely obsessed with Liverpool, i'm not sure he'd be capable of such a role at any other club.

I like you, cos you talk sense.

Im not gay....so your safe that way. But i think i would like to buy you a speckled hen 8)

Houllier won those trophys when he was in his pomp. that was a long time ago. poor health will have sapped his passion and especially his will to win at all costs. health comes first. therefore the man we're appointing is a pale shadow of the machine liverpool had. it's the same as going out with a page 3 model but when she's 45 years old. this can only have one outcome. disaster.

Moyes is only 47, he's still a foetus in football management terms. he'll come of age in about 3 years. we need to take him now.

Cracker, that's the point of a forum !

I have not slagged him off for his nose, i just don't see what he can bring to Villa. From what i've seen he'e absolutely obsessed with Liverpool, i'm not sure he'd be capable of such a role at any other club.

I don't know what he can bring either, but like you say, maybe Houllier might choose to work with someone he knows.

It's the media who brought his name up. That's how his name found it's way to this site.

Houllier won those trophys when he was in his pomp. that was a long time ago. poor health will have sapped his passion and especially his will to win at all costs. health comes first. therefore the man we're appointing is a pale shadow of the machine liverpool had. it's the same as going out with a page 3 model but when she's 45 years old. this can only have one outcome. disaster.

Moyes is only 47, he's still a foetus in football management terms. he'll come of age in about 3 years. we need to take him now.

You can't just take what isn't yours stupid.

All i care about is jacket potatos!

Crispy skin with a cheesy filling.......yummmy scrumptious!

Anyways, back on to managers.

It appears ive missed something here........namely Phil Thompson?

Where does he come into all of this?

OK, i know its proberly posted 25 pages back, but the speckled hen wont allow me to read that far back!!!!

A few posts above yours (eight roughly).

If Phil Thompson comes to Villa I will not be pleased at all. :(

You will not be pleased unless AV get the man you want them to get.

I'm normally not too picky about managers but I just don't want Houllier and I especially don't want Thompson.

And I also echo what people are saying regarding Phil Thompson looking down on us as a club. On soccer saturday Merson is the only person who ever says positive things about Villa. Thompson thinks we're a club in the stature of Wigan or something like that.

This would be very similar to City hiring Platt as assistant manager. Citeh fans are furious about that.