Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he finally got it.

Finally got what?

The fact that we will have appointed an unemployed manager that is not as good as the ones who were employed but who we could not get due to compensation?

that isn't a bew opinion i have had

Not really, Cisse was very good until he broke, Diouf is a nonce but is a decent enough player when he's on form.

Hamann and Heskey were good for Liverpool.

The rest were a bit naff. But he's no better/worse than MON in the market IMO and gets better use out of his squad. Plus, unlike the other candidates (apart from Sven) he's a proven winner.

People also underestimate the experience and knowledge he'll bring to the club and when he leaves we'll have a far greater scouting network and profile around Europe. Of that I have no doubt.

His football is a bit meh, but again he gets results.

I cant really find much negatives about this potential appointment.

I'm more concerned about Friedel and Warnock, who were completely frozen out by Houllier and I'm sure wouldn't be overkeen to see him as their boss again.

Didn't think of that... but they are perfessionals and should be fine. Anyhoo they are by far our best players in their respective positions.

I hope it gets announced tomorrow and there is a big hoo-hah at VP as I'm working at Tesco in Aston all day tomorrow and wouldn't mind popping over to see the arrival of our 'Special One', and Pete Colley potentially interviewing fans for their verdict, I'd get involved :lol:

Houllier. The only man willing to spend more on Heskey than Martin O'Neill. :D
Doesn't Steve Bruce come into that equation ?

Houllier bought Heskey for 11M

Oneill only actually bought Heskey once I guess for 3.5M

Didn't Bruce buy him twice for 6M each time?

We won't have to worry about that til at least January anyway. I'm more concerned about Friedel and Warnock, who were completely frozen out by Houllier and I'm sure wouldn't be overkeen to see him as their boss again.

Friedel wasn't frozen out as he was never in, he was never number 1 at Liverpool and moved on to become a number 1. Warnock was loaned out as a young player which is normal and was at Liverpool for 3 years after Houllier.

Despite the paper talk I don't think there is an issue here.

I'm glad he finally got it.

Finally got what?

The fact that we will have appointed an unemployed manager that is not as good as the ones who were employed but who we could not get due to compensation?

that isn't a bew opinion i have had

In your opinion Richard.

GH Liverpool Top 10 In's & Out's.

ght.png

Some good sales some bad buys.

All his big buys were shite then.

Apart Hamann. Yes, seems so.

Although, weird as it sounds, Emile Heskey was actually pretty good for Liverpool so wasn't a bad buy at all.

How, Cisse, Diouf, Biscan come upto £29.5 million between them God only knows.

Cisse looked quite good prior to his horrific leg break

Houllier. The only man willing to spend more on Heskey than Martin O'Neill. :D
Doesn't Steve Bruce come into that equation ?

Houllier bought Heskey for 11M

Oneill only actually bought Heskey once I guess for 3.5M

Didn't Bruce buy him twice for 6M each time?

Damn forgot about Mr Potatohead. :lol:

Yep - Im happy with this appointment if its true. There are alot of advantages and disadvantages being thrown about about him (as you would expect on a forum) but I think in general and given the amount of managers currently available then its a good deal. I would be interested to know how he see's our way forward and if he has been given any reasurrances over finances in the jan transfer window. It will be interesting to see what he does with the squad and how he gets them to play. Leaves me quite exciting about our next match.