Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we appoint Bob **** Bradley we should march on VP, pitchforks and all.

All well and good but who the **** is he?

Rijkaard would be my pick, he'd be a big enough name to steady the ship by his mere appointment.

But my feeling is there are no options right now, we'll have to make do with what we got until December.

Bob Bradley!?

Suddenly Curbishley seems an attractive option.

Staff recruitment seems to be Lerner's biggest weakness. He's not done well (to put it midly) at the Browns and has already gone through a few CEOs at the Villa

Why is Bob Bradley such a favorite?

He's american and currently out of a job. Put 2 and 2 together.

And CV he was the USA coach at the world cup.

Didn't know he was out of a job...

McLeish??! I can't see that happening in a million years. For the backlash mainly.

That would be **** brilliant, just to see the knuckledragging scum's faces :-)

I already wound up the dogshit fan who broke the news to me by suggesting he only has a one year rolling contract and has already turned his back on his country for a bigger job offer. Wiped the smirk of their sorry excuse for a face.

Joking aside, he seems to be by far the best candidate (discounting the likes of jol hiddink etc who wouldn't touch us with a bargepole)

You know the Martin Jol thing seems a touch odd!

I mean he was all but a certainty to take over at Fulham then suddenly it's all off!

Then Luke Young & Sidders are supposed to move there but that all goes up in the air.(Ok Young appears to have now all but left).. Then All of MON supposed targets start either moving elsewhere (McGeady) or saying they are staying put (KEANE). ..Now bear in mind the supposed "definate" signings of Keane & McGeady were apparantly scuppered a few days ago?! So was it known then that MON was gonna quit? Is that why the moves suddenly stalled & McGeady in particular started the ball rolling with his Moscow move instead?

It all seems a touch fishy to my mind. Indeed i would guess that this has been known for a good few days which is why said players accepted it simply wasn't going to happen... This could also explain the delays in the Milner affair

Back to Jol though & is it possible he was tipped off by RL that we would come in for him & this is why at the last minute he pulled the plug on the Fulham move?

I want someone who doesn't seem to have been mentioned - Glenn Hoddle. He might have his unconventional views, but the fact is that he gets teams playing good football and is more adventurous tactically than many managers out there. He's been there, done it - just what we need.

He might even have a few youngsters from his academy that we could have for nothing - that would please the board no doubt.