Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'I think he would jump at the chance' = opinion

'He would jump at the chance' = fact

Just thought i would let you know the difference.

It is clear that everyones thoughts are an opinion so stop being so anal. He would jump at the chance obviously means I believe he would jump at the chance. We don't have to go around starting every bloody post with in my opinion.

There's obviously something lost in translation between Irish and English then because I'm pretty sure that you sound like you know exactly what he would do.

He's able to win a football match so he might win a cup for us, just like any other manager linked to us that has a pulse might have, depending on luck. He's experienced and I'm fairly sure he'll get us top 10 finishes. He's well connected which might help bring some bargains from abroad.

I'm worried about his ability to build a team or improve us. Not impressed with his transfer market activity at Liverpool, spent a shitload of money and they were treading water in the league.

Who do we think the number 2 will be now? Been gone the last 4 hours!
Kev Mac,i'd rather he was a coach myself.with GH bringing in his own man.if thats Thompson or someone else i dont mind..

I'll take that, Jason Mac was on SSN the last day and said GH wasn't very approachable! Could help with KM as number 2!

Kev Mac,i'd rather he was a coach myself.with GH bringing in his own man.if thats Thompson or someone else i dont mind..

I'll take that, Jason Mac was on SSN the last day and said GH wasn't very approachable! Could help with KM as number 2!

not very approchable,sounds like storys i have heard about O'Runner.

Yup! I'm guessing JR or SW weren't either! Everyone seems to talk highly of KM! Surely Sid should be given the reigns out the youths though!

Thompson was already part of the backroom team at Plop before Houllier arrived so it will be no different if K Mac gets the number 2 role with him at Villa. Like I ahve said before, it will be interesteing to see which coaches he appoints because there are some pretty handy French coaches coaching their national development teams.

Yup! I'm guessing JR or SW weren't either! Everyone seems to talk highly of KM! Surely Sid should be given the reigns out the youths though!

yeah,would love to see Sid get the youth job,i think he'd teach them how to play some nice football.

Thompson was already part of the backroom team at Plop before Houllier arrived so it will be no different if K Mac gets the number 2 role with him at Villa. Like I ahve said before, it will be interesteing to see which coaches he appoints because there are some pretty handy French coaches coaching their national development teams.

GH actually brough him back to pool, he was there in the early 90s but had a bust up with Souness and left until GH brought him back, as he needed an out and out pool man after shafting Roy Evans!