Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please not Staunton. I can't have him, not after what he did as manager of Ireland. We'll never forgive him for that.

If you were Randy who would YOU be hiring then? Over the course of today I've only seen you criticise what the club have done (and apologies if I've missed an important post to the contrary) so I'd be interested to know what you'd have done in the Randy's shoes.

No Irish person will forget how useless Staunton was. Hammered 5-2 by Cyprus. Steven Ireland won't be best pleased either. As for management I've posted 100 times what I think we should do.

Please not Staunton. I can't have him, not after what he did as manager of Ireland. We'll never forgive him for that.

Steve **** Staunton?!

What an impressive coaching pedigree he has....

Ireland - failed

Leeds - failed

Darlington - failed

Can anybody point to anything that he's got going for him? OK he played for Villa, but is that really enough to get him on the coaching payroll?

To say he failed with Ireland is giving him too much credit. He was the worst manager we've ever had. 5-2 we were beaten by Cyprus, injury time winner needed to beat the Fraroe Isles. Shocking.

Why are you even discussing Staunton!?!?!?!?

He has no premiership experience in a management role so why is this even part of the conversation???

Do you lot just bicker with each other for the sake of it? Making rash generalising statements only to back track and ignore remarks that prove your swelling gap in intelligence (bix - that was for you)

I'm shocked anyone wants to come with these moaning f**kers on here.

I agree with you Cracker old boy. All that aruging over Thommo seems a bit wasted now doesn't it?

Not wanting him because he gave some opinions on Villa people didn;t like was a stupid reason to begin with. I remember he took over when Houllier was ill and he did an excellent job. Always respected him after that. Would be worried who Houllier has as his no2 now with the Staunton rumours. I'd like KMac if he was Houlliers choice and not the boards.

Surprised no one has really mentioned what was on SSN a second ago.

They said that whilst Houllier WOULD be going to Villa, Phil Thompson would NOT be coming.

So he resigned from Sky for nothing?

Do you think it was all some sort of practical joke played on him? Stelling ringing him up and putting on a fake french accent, perhaps, "Oh, Phil, would you like to come back in to management with me at Villa? Okay you are in but you need to resign from Sky first."

Where has it been said that he resigned from Sky, then?

Why are you even discussing Staunton!?!?!?!?

He has no premiership experience in a management role so why is this even part of the conversation???

Do you lot just bicker with each other for the sake of it? Making rash generalising statements only to back track and ignore remarks that prove your swelling gap in intelligence (bix - that was for you)

According to a poster about an hour or two ago he was mentioned on Sky Sports News as possibly being reserve manager at Villa, while instead of Thompson has been convinced to stay with Sky.

So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know... (TM The Big Lebowski)

Surprised no one has really mentioned what was on SSN a second ago.

They said that whilst Houllier WOULD be going to Villa, Phil Thompson would NOT be coming.

So he resigned from Sky for nothing?

Do you think it was all some sort of practical joke played on him? Stelling ringing him up and putting on a fake french accent, perhaps, "Oh, Phil, would you like to come back in to management with me at Villa? Okay you are in but you need to resign from Sky first."

Where has it been said that he resigned from Sky, then?

This. It wasn't even mentioned in the SS article.

Staunton for the reserves is good because obviously K Mac will be involved in 1st team affairs. All this about Houllier picking his backroom team, Thompson had worked with previous managers before Houllier at Plop. It's the other coaches that get appointed that I am interesting in seeing. My god we need some.

But there's **** all wrong with his transfer policy. Granted, cheyrou and diao are turkeys but kewell was being chased by man utd and arsenal and diouf

diouf was one of the stars of the 2002 world cup. Every manager has purchased the odd duffer. Look at the shit our previous manager wasted money on.

Not just Cheyrou and Diao though. What about Ferri, Kippe, Song, Traore, Camara, Meijer, Diomede, Arphexad, Vignal, Sjölund, Biscan, Baros, Le Tallec, Sinama Pongolle and Luzi Bernardi? :winkold:

Every manager out there has their fair share of poor signigns, but that's quite an extensive list.

If you were Randy who would YOU be hiring then? Over the course of today I've only seen you criticise what the club have done (and apologies if I've missed an important post to the contrary) so I'd be interested to know what you'd have done in the Randy's shoes.

No Irish person will forget how useless Staunton was. Hammered 5-2 by Cyprus. Steven Ireland won't be best pleased either. As for management I've posted 100 times what I think we should do.

Apologies for missing those 100 posts then. That said I've looked through back to page 378 and not found any of them. I've seen you say what we SHOULD'NT do, but sadly I've missed the ones that say what you'd be doing in Randy's shoes.

Any chance you can do me a favour and tell me where I can find them?