Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only bookie banter I know, but today, Skybet have slashed Moyes' odds to 11/4 as favourite for the job.

Can't see it myself, and would feel pretty sorry for Everton fans if he did join us, but you never know do you?

I think it'd only be a go-er if Moyes has fallen out with the Everton board, but I think thats unlikely. Even considering their start to this season - Everton start slowly every year and are always top 6.

But funnier things have happened.

Strange isn't it?

The players and many fans are completely at odds.

Clearly the players want KM, they talk about their respect for him, his coaching ability, footballing sense etc etc whereas, the (majority of (?)) fans live in dread of his appointment.

They obviously see him from a very different angle. I don't for one minute believe it's because they want an easy ride - if we believe Collins, Young etc are competitive players who want to progress, why would they advocate KM if he is as bad as the fans claim?

I have to say I am a little baffled with the way we have conducted ourselves since MON left, those reasons have not been disclosed but part of me is unsure whether something is awry at VP.

For sure getting the right man is important and we need a real chance at rebuilding but with the way the last few weeks have unfurled is money the issue here or is it the perfect manager?

Macdonald is in contention, well deserved I might add, but if he gets the job I will end up particularly disappointed with the club, it will feel like he was set as caretaker until the window closed and the dust settled. We save a lot of money, make some, and pay the new manager a lot less.

Heskey is staying, Sidwell is here, Beye is still being paid and we definitely need some quality players.....if I was MON and thought this might happen I would leave too, its not like it is going to cause him any issues finding a job.

I am worried that we will be fighting it out with the dingles for the top half and Blues will sit happily above us, we have shown very little ambition this window and loan players are not usually a huge gamble unlike playing Heskey or Sidwell.

Now I understand you can't buy players for unknown managers, though not many would complain at Keane or Hleb, but some sort of direction was needed before the window shut, you used to have a chance of winning things with kids but we just need to hope ours keep us afloat, a job they shouldn't really be put to task over.

This is just a different point of view, until I had this thought I was behind the club finding the right man and very frustrated at the situation MON put us in.

Since then any manager who would want to keep Heskey and other fringe players (especially ones on such high wages, hell some of the 1st team are on silly money) isn't one I particularly want for the club, and the statement from Faulkner worried me hugely, either we asked some foreign coaches and they said no or we just don't place their value particularly highly when compared to a manager with Premiership experience.

Well that is madness and makes me think of Doug, I hope that they all said no and we are covering our humiliation or we are pulling out all the stops to grab someone like Moyes.

The Premiership experience also rules out some lower league potentials which I think is a mistake too, we should definitely hear from them too.

I for one will turn up less if I feel we have gone backward but of course we are a club that has acted smartly enough throughout Randy and MON's stewardship, one of those has gone, one we already knew had quality, now Randy needs to look at this as his big decision and I just hope he does not shirk from creating something special at VP instead of following standard procedures.

Kevin Keegan???????????

FFS, weve become Newcastle!!! :puke:

Well at least we're not Leeds

Hah. You are Doug Ellis and I claim my £0.34! :D

34p? As I am Doug you do not have a chance in hell.

Try Randy :winkold: