Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Yet your saying Warnock

Id have Warnock over Sven any day of the week. In fact, id have Mike Bassett over Sven anyday of the week as well

Really you would have a manager whos never managed at the top for Sven whos won titles in Sweden, Portugal and Italy and has shown to be the best England manager since Sir Bobby. I think McClaren and Capello have both shown what a decent job he did.

Yeah i would.

Sven has the personality of a manequin. I hate the bloke. Yes, he done a decent job at Lazio and wasn't the worst England manager weve ever had - but lets be honest there isnt much competition for that honour is there?! But then i would point to the job he done at City, which given how much money he spent whilst there done an awful job. Sven is the stereotypical chequebook manager as well, obviously something he wouldnt be able to do here.

I know, Warnock isnt exactly Bill Shankley but i think he deserves a crack at a big job. He got Sheff Utd in the prem for the first time ever and nearly kept them up. Looks like he will do the same with QPR now as well. I just think he could get the best out of this team, we need a strong personality to take charge of us....Sven ISNT that man IMO.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The names being bandied about are Eriksson, Curbishley, Bradley, Klinsmann, Lambert and Koeman. I'm not going to mention Hitzfeld because that's just a stupid rumour someone made up. No chance of him coming here and not Phil Brown either, he's destined for much bigger things.

There is no way I want Bradley - he doesn't have the experience and the only thing he's done of note is getting a decent USA team to the last 16 of the world cup.

Curbishley would be the save option. We would know what we would get but we'd all probably die of mediocrity and mid-table boredom. Honestly I look at the bloke and I get sleepy.

Eriksson is a money grabbing whore but he always seems to get results, albeit with a bit of money spent. I just dislike the guy but I would probably be OK with him because of how things have been going. His teams seem to play nice football and he's well respected so he could probably get some good players in.

I think I'm right in saying that the only club Klinsmann has managed is Bayern Munich and that didn't go too well. There's no doubt he was a great player and he did well with Germany but I think he would be a bit of a gamble. Somehow I think he could do a good job, just a feeling.

I don't know too much about Lambert but he's done a good job with Norwich and I've heard good things about him. Other than that I haven't got a clue. But I wouldn't mind if we gave a lower league manager a chance.

The last noteworthy thing Koeman did was with PSV but since then he's done nothing other than nearly relegating Valencia. No thanks.

So in conclusion:

1. Klinsmann

2. Eriksson

3. Lambert

4. Curbishley

5. Koeman

6. Bradley

That's depressing...

Makes me chuckle a little bit, all these people saying O'Neill out, then you question these people 'who with'....never really given a good answer and then you realise the extreme lack of options of available.

Yet your saying Warnock

Id have Warnock over Sven any day of the week. In fact, id have Mike Bassett over Sven anyday of the week as well

Really you would have a manager whos never managed at the top for Sven whos won titles in Sweden, Portugal and Italy and has shown to be the best England manager since Sir Bobby. I think McClaren and Capello have both shown what a decent job he did.

Yeah i would.

Sven has the personality of a manequin. I hate the bloke. Yes, he done a decent job at Lazio and wasn't the worst England manager weve ever had - but lets be honest there isnt much competition for that honour is there?! But then i would point to the job he done at City, which given how much money he spent whilst there done an awful job. Sven is the stereotypical chequebook manager as well, obviously something he wouldnt be able to do here. .

He only finished 5 points below us with similar money spent to O'Neill. Weren't exactly a bad job.

The only reason Bradley is even linked is because of an american owner. If he ever becomes a serious candidate, then I'll worry. As far as I am concerned, this is just the media being lazy.

And knowing Randy Lerner and how he reacts after embarrassment of the team he owns, I'm fairly certain we can write off McDonald. Seeing as how Lerner saw that result in person, I'm sure he was more than a little pissed at losing to a weak side like Rapid V.

I hate to say it but they probably should have asked our President Emeritus to get off his pee stained seat and show them the ropes.

In fairness he is not too well at the moment, but even then may have been lending a hand.

Alan Curbishley would be as welcome as a fart in a sauna.

Probably.

The problem is that O'Neill left us at the point where most had their destiny for the coming year sorted.

There are one or two out there that would take the job even on a temporary basis, with the hope that it may become permanent, and if not, to gain from the exposure of being back in management.

Curbishley is one such person and, while he wouldn't pull up any trees, he might put a steadying hand on the tiller.

Yet your saying Warnock

I'd take warnock over sven, mclaren and hughes.

We should not be desperate. We should take our time and find the right man for the job. We don’t need immediate direction at the expense of rushing an appointment. The calibre of manager we’re after is clearly in work at this current time. If it means we end up losing on the weekend against Everton, to give us the international break to find a manager, get him familiarised with the squad and do some good work with the remaining 35 league games, then that is what we have to do.

Some of the nonsense I’ve heard sprouted on talk radios and on message boards recently is quite baffling. People talking about Brown, Megson and Warnock? What a waste of bandwidth.

I kid you not - I saw Phil Brown at VP today, he was with Randy in the back of his Bentley. I have had £40 on him being next manager at 20/1

I have to say, I will be absolutely gutted if he gets the job - I fear for the worst!!

I kid you not - I saw Phil Brown at VP today, he was with Randy in the back of his Bentley. I have had £40 on him being next manager at 20/1

I have to say, I will be absolutely gutted if he gets the job - I fear for the worst!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA SORRY but u crack me up !!!!

And your quite sure it wasn't David Dickinson....?