Match Thread

andykeenan

Is it me or has Heskey looked better with people who aren't thick around him?

No, it's you.

He's crap, we know because it's been said on here a thousand times, about three separate ways. That must be right, then.

In the red corner, Chindie, several England managers, and most informed football commentators. In the blue corner, oooh, a few internetty peeps.

I should get out quick if I were you.

:lol:

I've never felt he was as awful as made out here but he does look genuinely good when someone with some sense of movement is in the side. For all the good Gabby does, his movement and so on are never going to lend him to playing off someone. Which is a shame.

He's looked useful today and his role in build up play, linking with Albrighton and the Fonz when he was on, was useful to us and a big part of our improvement second half imo.

Ok, whats this penalty lark all about?

We win the game 3-1...

We still have a penalty shootout..

We DRAW the penalty shootout,

No sudden death?

Where is the point to all this?

Penalties are part of the Guadiana Cup after each match in case of no clear winner at the end of the tournament.

I think if Benfica won their shootout yesterday and beacsue we drew ours 4-4 then a draw tommorow will see Benfica win. Obviously a winner tommorow will win the whole thing.

Has a penalty shoot ever meant less than this one? Its really pointless but good fun all the same.

Even though we lost both games, I was still excited for the pens.

I can only hope for Blackpool fans that they will do this in the Prem as well. They'll get a bit of excitement at least.

Penalties are part of the Guadiana Cup after each match in case of no clear winner at the end of the tournament.

I think if Benfica won their shootout yesterday and beacsue we drew ours 4-4 then a draw tommorow will see Benfica win. Obviously a winner tommorow will win the whole thing.

What if we draw then win the pen shootout? We win the whole thing? Who needs goal difference when you can have shootouts?!