How many of MON's Best XI will start against West Ham?

Villarocker

How many of MON's Best XI will start against West Ham?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many of MON's Best XI will start against West Ham?

• 1-6

Right folks. I have been giving some thought to how many of MON's apparent "Best XI" will start against the Hammer's on the first day of the season.

Will Milner start if he is still here? Would MON make him run the gauntlet with the possibility of abuse from the fans? Will MON start one or more of our emerging younger players such as Albrighton or Delfouneso? Will a new signing or two make it in time for the first game?

The question is, how many of last season's usual suspects will start the first game, given the squad we currently have?

Best Eleven:

Friedel,

Cuellar,

Warnock,

Collins,

Dunne,

Young,

Downing,

Milner,

Petrov,

Agbonlahor,

Carew.

For the record, I have gone for 10 with Milner being the player not on show.

He will go with his strongest XI at that time. why wouldn't he ?

I'm not sure Milner will get boo'd. I personally don't think he has done much wrong. It's a shit storm blown up by the media and if we boo our own players in the opening game we are effectively helping our opposition to get a result.

I will be very disappointed in our fans if we boo a player that looks set to play an entire season for us. The time to boo a leaving player is when they are actually in a different shirt.

The way MON's been going on about the Wigan result last season (and bearing in mind the Spammers nearly took maximum points off us) I can't see anything other than our strongest side being fielded.

've gone for ten because I think there will be at least 2 players signed that will go straight into the first team.

Brilliant!

(Are you trying to get in the best post thread? :) )