Barry Bannan

villianusa

Given attempts to make Bannan the scapegoat for almost the entire thread, this article is essentially a vindication of those who erred to disagree.

WARNING: Contains heat maps

Aston Villa’s Tactical Imbalance: Left-Sided Problem Only a New Signing Can Solve

It's the Barry Bannan thread. There is little point in posting how bad Bennett is here, it's allready being done in the Bennett thread.

Two players can be bad, at the same time. You know that right? Besides Bennett has been taking far more stick in his thread, and on twitter for that matther, then what Bannan has.

Actually, you have been taking far more stick then Bannan has and rightly so.

You've polarized the whole discussion to a point where people flagg Bannan off in a far worse matter then they would other wise, simply because they think you're an idiot.

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 1

Ah but he is potentially world class, has Beckham esq ability and is a natural leader of men.

You think you are being sarcastic but that is my serious opinion.

I'm not always right, but I was right when 5 years ago I said Fergie would move Wayne Rooney into midfield. He finally did that before he retired this year!

Ah but he is potentially world class, has Beckham esq ability and is a natural leader of men.

I'm not always right, but I was right when 5 years ago I said Fergie would move Wayne Rooney into midfield. He finally did that before he retired this year!

So does this mean we can expect wee Barry to come good in 2018

No I'm not being sarcastic although I am mocking this opinion.

To quote a wise fellow from this site, everyone is entitled to their opinion they just aren't entitled to have it taken seriously and I can't take yours seriously.

As for what you might or might not have said about Rooney 5 years ago I literally couldn't careless. 

Well that's me convinced.

• Like 1

No harm in a fan having a player he thinks will come good. I think Bennett will be a great player for us.

Anyway the Bannan issue is becoming moot. Clearly Lambert doesnt think he is a starter after he tried him for a while. I expect competition for his spot to get even greater next season. Hopefully he will rise to that challenge but for me he has had so many opportunities already I dont see him getting too many more.

So does this mean we can expect wee Barry to come good in 2018

Shaun Maloney is playing some of his best, most consistent, most timely football of his career at age 30.

Very few players are consistently brilliant from 17 to 40. Most players blossom at different ages. 

Bannan's best football is ahead of him. Like Maloney, I hope at some stage VTers will be saying 'we ought to sign him back'.

I cant believe how long this thread is! 297 pages dedicated to a man with less talent than Isiah Osbourne. Unbelievable

their is a line you just crossed there. Osbourne had no talent at all. Was it the Zilina game was probably one of worst individual performances in a Villa jersey

I've heard in the last couple of days, from what I thought was a reliable source, that Bannan and N'Zogbia have been told they can leave. Same source also said the away kit's gonna be black and pink. So I'm starting to think not such a reliable source anymore. :-)

• Like 1

Osbourne had 2 games - Man U and Everton -  maybe another which I may have forgotten, where he looked pretty good, all action in midfield, and driving forward with the ball. I think those performances were just down to his athleticism and opposition underestimating/not knowing how he played. His lack of skill on the ball was sussed out eventually and he became somewhat of a liability. 

On Bannan, he can play some beautiful passes both long and short. We've all seen him do those kind of passes when he's had the time and space to pick them out (assist for Albrighton at Fulham comes to mind) but he doesn't possess the physique/athleticism or close control dribbling skills to make that space for himself. 

It's kind of like owning a Ferrari with no wheels, you know how fast it could potentially go but without the wheels, you'll never get to see it ... 

Same with Bannan. 

Edited by Alpaywasawesome

Who to believe

Premier league manager with fantastic history in player management and sussing out ability

or

Anonymous poster on fan forum with no serious history in player management and sussing out ability.

hmm.

Personally I think Barca are waiting in the wings as an Iniesta back up. You can never have too many baby faced left footed playmakers in your team??? All that buying Neymar is just a smoke screen for their real target, wee Barry. If only we can convince them that Ireland is a folicly changed Xavi we'll be on to a double win situation.