Barry Bannan

villianusa

Is he just too small for modern day football?

I don't think anyone should question his ability!

Holloway said about him he just loved watching him in training because he is so skillful

He's 1 kg heavier than Delph. Delph is 3 cm taller. He's taller than Leon Britton (Swansea) and various Barcelona and Arsenal players. 

Don't hear people say Delph is too small, or the Barcelona lads are too small. It's an excuse to bash him if you don't like technical footballers.

If he was anywhere near as good as those players, then I don't think anyone would ever bash him. Bannan just doesn't do enough in my opinion. He isn't strong defensively so if he wants to be in the squad, he should make up for it by being a good attacker, but that's not the case. Bannan really hasn't proven he is good enough to be consistently starting. I'd much rather have Westwood and Delph who have proven they can defend and lead an attack. 

Its nothing to do with his age/size/weight/height/girth/waist/breastsize

He's just a woeful footballer

Who will thankfully be out of our Club at the end of June. Yippee only another 47 days 23 hours  36 minutes & 10 seconds  to wait till I crack open the Champagne in delirious celebration!

I honestly think there's a top, top player in there somewhere. He has such potential. Comfortable on the ball, great long range passing, and can keep things ticking over. I just can't see him ever being much more than he is now if he stays here, which is unfortunate because I think given a solid season of two of being first choice he would really blossom.

Edited by adz.villa

I honestly think there's a top, top player in there somewhere. He has such potential. Comfortable on the ball, great long range passing, and can keep things ticking over. I just can't see him ever being much more than he is now if he stays here, which is unfortunate because I think given a solid season of two of being first choice he would really blossom.

Yeah I agree. I think his problems are mental though.Maybe not as severe problems as Ireland but Bannan lacks concentration, he has quality when he's on the ball but he can't keep his concentration going for very long. I just don't think he gives a shit really. 

It's a shame that Bannan hasn't scored a goal, or even done a defence spillting pass all season otherwise Con might be able to post that instead of an open goal missed from 6 yards as his highlight of the season.

Without Bannan's creative movement there would have been no goal.

This is probably his season highlight.

76xfyCw.gif

However, this pass shows what he can do - defence piercing, forward ball

ib0wYAdKR46qe1.gif

If there was ever any proof needed that you are on a wind up, this is it.

The first pass is no more than 10 yards. Unchallenged, unopposed, to one of the best holdup players in the league. I mean this with absolutely no sarcasm whatsoever, I could have made that pass with my eyes closed.

The second pass is better. But it's not defence splitting at all. Neither is it 30 yards. It's a completely straight forward 20 yard pass. I'd probably need my eyes open for that one, but I'd still back myself to make that pass.

If THIS is what it takes to impress you, then there's no wonder you think bannan is so good!

I only wonder how you'd react if you paid attention and saw some REAL defence splitting passes.

You know, like this one from Mr Westwood:

Gabby_2.gif

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

The second one is fine. but it's not particularly special. It's hardly something to prove that a player is destined for big things!

As someone already said, the best pass in that clip is the second one, slipped through a player's legs to set up Bent(?) perfectly.

As someone already mentioned, depending on the count, Bannan has three assists this year. That link also shows he has 5 clean sheets.

I would show Bannan's assist for Clark in the Newcastle game but someone will need to find it for me on youtube.

But I doubt your affair with him goes that far back.

Explain in great detail what you mean here. Need to nail you to something definite.

I've already said I'm not a member of Bannan's family or associated with him in any way. I'm not even Scottish, except for a grandmother. I'm not motivated to promote a Scottish talent over an English one.