Barry Bannan

villianusa

The 21-year-old helped the Seasiders to victory in the Coca-Cola Championship play-off final in May last year during a successful loan spell and is hoping gaffer Gerard Houllier hands him a recall at Bloomfield Road.

"I am confident in my ability and I know I have to keep working hard in training," he added. "I want to play."

"But I know I am part of the gaffer's plans and I will continue to try and impress him every day and hopefully get back in the team."

http://tinyurl.com/6hphbft

• 2 weeks later...
Aston Villa youngster Barry Bannan put one over Wolves defender Christophe Berra - in the local property market.

The Mirror says the Scotland midfielder has just spanked £800,000 on a new house in Sutton Coldfield.

And he beat Wolves defender Berra in the process.

Bannan then spent much of the international break telling fellow Scottish international Berra exactly how he was planning to redecorate.

http://tinyurl.com/69b4osz

Aston Villa youngster Barry Bannan put one over Wolves defender Christophe Berra - in the local property market.

The Mirror says the Scotland midfielder has just spanked £800,000 on a new house in Sutton Coldfield.

And he beat Wolves defender Berra in the process.

Bannan then spent much of the international break telling fellow Scottish international Berra exactly how he was planning to redecorate.

http://tinyurl.com/69b4osz

and people say there's too much money in football... :D

One thing I noticed last night about Bannan was he is improving, he looks around and is more aware of what is around him.. in certain situations he didn't always play the "hollywood ball" and I noticed at times yesterday he kept it simple by passing to someone nearby and keeping possession rather then trying "mission impossible hollywood ball". He is improving - no doubt it. I think he also took on GH advice about the tempo and keeping things simple at times.

Schtick im in the hooole

Keep hearing this but don't see it from what I have seen of Bannan. He looks most comfortable to me when he is playing as one of two deeper/sitting CMers, where he has time on the ball and is able to get his head up (similar in some ways to Adam at Blackpool). I think he would get lost in the hole a bit like Ash as the Premier League is so fast that you have to move the ball very quick in this position and get up with the striker to be more of an attacking threat in the way that Van de Vaart does it so well for Spurs, Stevie G for Plop or Fat Frank for Chelski.

To me, the ideal midfield would be:

----------------- Enforcer ------------------- Sissoko possibly, maybe Delph

------------------------- Playmaker -------- Bannan/Delph/Makoun

------ Attacker/link ------------------------- Milner possibly, maybe Gardner

Haven't seen enough of Bradley to work out whether/how he might fit in.

Schtick im in the hooole

Keep hearing this but don't see it from what I have seen of Bannan. He looks most comfortable to me when he is playing as one of two deeper/sitting CMers, where he has time on the ball and is able to get his head up (similar in some ways to Adam at Blackpool). I think he would get lost in the hole a bit like Ash as the Premier League is so fast that you have to move the ball very quick in this position and get up with the striker to be more of an attacking threat in the way that Van de Vaart does it so well for Spurs, Stevie G for Plop or Fat Frank for Chelski.

Milner and Gardner have both left mate.

Schtick im in the hooole

Hence he used the word ideal, I reckon he probably also knows we havent signed Sissoko either.

Schtick im in the hooole

Hence he used the word ideal, I reckon he probably also knows we havent signed Sissoko either.

Spot on Houlston. I have also used the word "possibly" as I don't know who Ged wants to buy. If we had Sissoko and Milner I wouldn't use "possibly". They are just two players we have been regularly linked with and I would love to see at VP, especially the return of Jimmy.

I was also trying to highlight the formation and the type of player around him that I think would bring the best out of Barry. I do feel that we have one too many for this role unless Delph can play as the enforcer or more of an attacking option. Like Barry & Jean II, when he has played to date he has looked more comfortable as a playmaker to me.