Barry Bannan

villianusa

loved watching him yesterday, one think ive liked about him and Albrighton is they dont seem intimidated by senior figures. Happy to have a go with the ball themselves and take on shots when better options are available. That said i think Bannan needs to play it simple sometimes, keep the ball a bit and not always look for the 40 yard pass. In short, what a prospect. Will be interesting to see how he progresses with Petrov, NRC and Delph to return and what seems like an inevitable midfielder in Jan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1329647/Gerard-Houllier-fool-Barry-Bannan-runs-Manchester-United.html

Good stuff.

Credit to Houllier on Bannan thus far.

Said here before Have always highly rated the lad but i wrongly thought he wouldn't be Houlliers type of player at all. Pleasantly suprised by how much he does rate him.

Not getting carried away with our youngsters etc but he is bit of gem and could be something special

Aston Villa starlet Barry Bannan has claimed that taking his driving test was more nerve-wracking than facing Manchester United on Sunday.

Bannan played superbly to typify a fine performance by an understrength Villa side, who opened up a late 2-0 lead only for United to fight back and ensure a share of the spoils.

It was the young Scot's third Premier League start, after manager Gerard Houllier saw his squad be deprived of 11 players ahead of the visit from Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

Despite being pleased with his performance, the 20-year-old was disappointed to fail his driving test four days earlier.

“It just didn’t go well," Bannan told reporters, when discussing his test.

“I had one major fault, I just couldn’t get the car to parallel park.

“I was definitely more nervous ahead of my driving test than playing against Manchester United. I never get nervous on a football pitch.

“A few of the younger boys have shown how good they really are. We showed here we can handle it against the best players in the league."

Bannan is now set to make his full international debut for Scotland against the Faroe Islands on Tuesday.

http://tinyurl.com/346uwgz

Aston Villa youngster Barry Bannan to make the step up from club to international football.

Bannan could win his first cap in tomorrow's home clash with the Faroe Islands after showing impressive form for Villa in recent weeks.

Fletcher had a first hand view of Bannan's qualities when in action for Manchester United in Saturday's 2-2 draw at Villa Park.

But he knew already of the potential of the academy product who has made the most of his opportunity presented by Villa's lengthy injury list.

Fletcher said: "Is Bannan ready for Scotland? Of course he is. He is playing for Aston Villa in the Premier League and he is a very talented lad.

"He was impressive against United on Saturday and he is an intelligent footballer.

"If he gets a run of games for Villa, I am sure he will do well for himself.

"Having watched him for the Under-21s and Villa, I think he is going to have a bright future."

Fletcher addded: "I watch a lot of reserve team matches and I was aware of Barry before now.

"I saw Barry him score a hat-trick against the United reserves this season so I knew what to expect."

http://tinyurl.com/2vmxop5