Barry Bannan

villianusa

COMING NEXT SUMMER ...

'ah that Westwood lads shit, all he does is pass the ball sideways', 'Sylla?, yeah he's shit too. hasn't got a creative bone in his body'

and the thrilling sequel, 'Delph?, holy shit i've seen merry-go-rounds go in less circles than him'

and so on for eternity

Nope.

• Like 1

I seem to remember someone saying that he'll be off to a Swansea or a Fulham, and not a team that barely survived in the Championship last season.

Bannan has found his level at the end of the day, he's not a premiership footballer.

I seem to remember someone saying that he'll be off to a Swansea or a Fulham, and not a team that barely survived in the Championship last season.

Bannan has found his level at the end of the day, he's not a premiership footballer.

Still a question mark in my mind whether that is his level. I genuinely believe it might still be too high. But as long as he isn't at Villa I couldn't care less.

It's funny how the only club that has gone in for him is a club which is managed by the owners and not the manager.. the same owners that have clearly shown over the last 3 years that they know nothing about football.

Mark my words , Bannan will probably end up back in Scotland playing for Stenhousemuir's 4th team.

Oh Sorry! Did I say playing? Let me rephrase that.

Bannan will end up warming the bench for Stenhousemuir's 4th team.

Well let's face it, they need someone to cut the oranges at half time don't they? ;)

Once again the lesson here is that a players form in his first few senior games is a very poor indicator of that players ability to produce week in week out.

I would wish him well, but the drink drive incident prevents me. No one on his sort of salary - can ever justify being drunk behind the wheel of a car.

I guess you feel the same about Fabian Delph then
I can't see the difference?

Once again the lesson here is that a players form in his first few senior games is a very poor indicator of that players ability to produce week in week out.

I would wish him well, but the drink drive incident prevents me. No one on his sort of salary - can ever justify being drunk behind the wheel of a car.

Yeah I lost faith in him after that (after hearing a few other stories about his drinking habits in Sutton) and bumping into him one afternoon in a Coral bookies in which he was playing one of those FOTB machines.

I think that was the beginning of the end as ironically he'd started the 11-12 season pretty well and was a regular in the team. I remember him playing well at home to Newcastle and scoring at QPR so he was certainly showing promise at that point.

It's quite clear.

One of them is really shit at football the other isn't. Both of them are stupid little pricks.

I think it's pretty straight forward with Bannan: he's not physical enough for the position he plays in. Plenty of small players are prospering nowadays but not in centre-mid, and certainly not at centre-mid in the Premier League (I'm not counting players like Mata who tend to operate in more advanced areas and Paul Scholes, who is a freak). Too often opposition midfielders breeze past him and it simply isn't good enough. And although he IS technically very good, he doesn't even do enough when we have possession.

It's a shame because when he first broke through I really liked the look of him. He's certainly a stylish player. If you want to have a go because of the drink-driving incident that's fair enough but in general I think some people are being a little harsh... As far as I'm concerned he always put in a decent shift and, unlike some of our players over the past few years, it seemed as though he genuinely cared about the club.

• Like 1

It's quite clear.

One of them is really shit at football the other isn't. Both of them are stupid little pricks.

So you do not wish Delph well? Or is your personal moral framework fickle?

But they also keep it simple. Bannan just wants to play the same passes time and time again. THAT is the difference.

this can't be true though can it ?

on one hand you have folk saying he ALWAYS tries a hollywood pass, then on the other folks saying he always keeps it simple

which is it ?

It's the former.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again.

When Bannan has kept his game simple has been when he has performed best. In my opinion, when he's played with someone else in midfield that is creative, he has been decent. It appears to me that in that situation he doesn't feel pressure to pull strings or be creative himself.

When he's supposed to be the creative player, I think he tries too hard. That's when he forces things, tries his hollywood balls and gives it away too much.

When someone else is there to pull the strings, Bannan was free to keep things simple and do stuff that he's actually good at. Those are the only times he's looked good enough for us, imo.

but, unfortunately for him, if that's his best role, which I believe it is, he's now competing with 2 or 3 other players who are better at it than he is. 

So he hasn't got much chance here either way.

The move is good for him and us. I wish him well. He'll be back in the premier league in the future, but it won't be at a top half club.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

I think some of us need to be a bit more gracious when dealing with ex players or players not quite good enough for our needs.

I too think he is not quite physically equipped for our league.

It's ok being diminutive if you skills allow you to be effective in the team and contribute to results.

Bannan for me has ability, but is too passive...with the ball not too bad, without the ball passenger

Final comment...not for this league,sorry.

Mark my words , Bannan will probably end up back in Scotland playing for Stenhousemuir's 4th team.

Oh Sorry! Did I say playing? Let me rephrase that.

Bannan will end up warming the bench for Stenhousemuir's 4th team.

Well let's face it, they need someone to cut the oranges at half time don't they? ;)

we get it, you dont like Bannan but some reason have time for Bent.