John Carew.............Careeeewww

wilko154

Can the big man score 20+ goals this season  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Can the big man score 20+ goals this season

• Yes
    • No
    • Hes Bigger Than Me & You

He got 17 in 39 in all comps last year - I'd be happy with that again.

Yes like against Crystal Palace, Reading? He likes the smaller teams and thats his problem

Is that not our problem as well?

I have put he's bigger than me or you because he is.

He has started pre-season really well and that's pleasing. I'm not 100% sure if I still want him at the club but if he performs consistantly then we all know he is a good player and an asset but his level of consistancy is very poor and can never produce good form for more than a 1/3rd of the season. I hope he does it, we all like John Carew as a guy but he is also the most infuriating player in a while at Villa.

No, he's far too inconsistent. However on his day he is as deadly as any of the best strikers in the league. Just wish he'd get into games more!

He'll get over 10 goals in the league though, perhaps he has a point to provide this season (i.e. I want a new contract)

This will be John Carew's season. Unlike last summer, he is injury free and reading the interviews he gives to Norwegian papers, it is obvious that he is having the time of his life at Aston Villa. Seems like he has never been happier.

If he gets the right service and manages to stay fit then he has every chance of getting 20 plus goals.

Some of the service he has received over the last couple of seasons has been shocking at times, the ball being regularly hoofed up to him above waist height whilst he's surrounded by defenders, and we wonder why he doesn't score more. I think I would get a bit despondent if I had to put up with that every game. I think though he has proven that when he gets the right service he gets us goals and will be a handful for any team.

He could also do with a bit more protection from refs, i've lost count of the amount of times i've seen him fouled and then seen a free kick awarded against him.

Nope. Carew will do what Carew always does. He will spend a third of the season on fire, be absolutely unplayable and score goals for fun. He will spend a third of the season injured. He will spend a third of the season walking around looking uninterested, possibly down to him not being match fit due to his injuries.

^^^^^ this. Although i really do hope he stays fit and bangs ins couple more in the league this year.

what about the other third :)

carew is villa personified.

brilliant on his day, woefully hopeless on others. he does enough to keep us interested, raise our hopes, pull of the odd shock and then just when you start to believe, it all goes @rse up and we are left pulling our hair out and thinking how next season will be better!

If he was fit all season and was more focused/arsed, he'd have a chance of scoring 20, but i doubt he'll be either of those.

I'd like to see us either buy a better scorer or go 4-3-3 and have him coming off the bench.

carew is villa personified.

brilliant on his day, woefully hopeless on others. he does enough to keep us interested, raise our hopes, pull of the odd shock and then just when you start to believe, it all goes @rse up and we are left pulling our hair out and thinking how next season will be better!

Hehe, that's bang on the money.

For Carew to score 20 goals next yr he'll have to be on pens. No stricker for any team has got to the 20 mark without banging in a few pens along the way, and giving the fact that we normally recieve more than our fair share, I think he would be in with a good shout. Has anybody any stats on how many pens we scored over the past 2/3 yrs and who scored them?

He is leaving so it doesn't matter. :P

Turkish giants Besiktas are lining up a move for Aston Villa striker John Carew.

Besiktas coach Bernd Schuster has already signed up Real Madrid star Guti and Inter Milan winger Ricardo Quaresma this summer.

And now he is targeting Carew as Besiktas go all out to regain the title they won in 2009.

http://tiny.cc/0cmc5

Muslim country ... no lap dancing clubs .... I very much doubt it!!

Well there is but you only get to see their eyes.

Give em a couple of eye patches and they could still do a striptease.

But the eyes are the window into the soul...

...but have you ever looked into a stripper's soul?

But the eyes are the window into the soul...

...but have you ever looked into a stripper's soul?

hahahahahaha I think that 99% of full blooded lap dancees are hoping to look into something that rhymes with soul leviramsey! If you are staring into the eyes in the hopes of finding the soul I think you just wasted 20 quid ;)

meanwhile, back on topic, JC has the ability to score at least 20 goals in all competitions. The three things he will have to do this season are, stay fit, stay healthy and stay focussed on the football.

Oh and I got a fourth thing.. stay out of the Rocket et alia

Â