Better Long Term Holding Midfielder Option- Petrov or NRC?

maqroll

Better Long Term Holding Midfielder Option- Petrov or NRC?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Better Long Term Holding Midfielder Option- Petrov or NRC?

• Petrov
    • NRC

Petrov for the short term because as a footballer he is lightyears ahead of NRC - he tackles, retains possession, slows down the play and then can pass fantastically well. NRC is a bit faster but with nowhere near the technical ability.

Delph for the future.

Long term, neither. Petrovs 30 and NRC is shit (and doesn't want that role).

Short term, Petrov. He's exceptionally good at the role.

I'm not sure Delph will be 'just' a holding mid either.

If NRC was to accept his footballing limits and realise that the position is best for him, then it would obviously be NRC. I've seen nothing from Petrov to suggest that he's 'exceptionally good' at the role either, he does a competent job, nothing more.

I'm not sure Delph will be 'just' a holding mid either.

We disagree on many things but I completely agree on this. Delph is a footballer/playmaker and I don't believe he has the physique/tackling ability (at least at the minute) to be a holding CM'er. I think he is ideally suited to a three man midfield, as he demonstrated in the first 25 mins against Man U at VP.

I think Delph will simply become a straight up box to box man, good at most of the jobs a CM will be required to. I suspect he'll bulk up a fait bit over the coming season or so (when fit of course).

Anywho, it should be said that this topic is just going to retread very well trodden ground, and achieve nothing. There's been countless topics on this and variants of it, and I'm yet to see anyone change their mind. Will be locked soon enough I suspect.

I suspect he'll bulk up a fait bit over the coming season or so (when fit of course).

hes probably gonna put on a bit of weight while hes out tbh, if we're smart we could use that as a base to bulk him up muscle wise during his rehab rather than running it off him

Anywho, it should be said that this topic is just going to retread very well trodden ground, and achieve nothing. There's been countless topics on this and variants of it, and I'm yet to see anyone change their mind. Will be locked soon enough I suspect.

I think you are wrong here. I have changed my mind somewhat over the last 12 months. I can now see a starting XI with Stan in it BUT only if MON recognises that he either needs to play a three man CM (at least for part of the game) or sub Stan when he tires after 60 minutes or so. But even here I think there are some games that would be better suited for NRC to start ahead of Stan. I think our back 4 should be fairly steady and not changed ad hoc but the front 6 should be much more fluid and interchangeable (starting XI and substitutions) if we are not going to burn out again and to keep the opposition guessing as we are too predictable at the minute.

If NRC was to accept his footballing limits and realise that the position is best for him, then it would obviously be NRC. I've seen nothing from Petrov to suggest that he's 'exceptionally good' at the role either, he does a competent job, nothing more.

Did you go to the Bolton home game last year Jonno? NRC sat in front of the back 4 and Sidwell was much more advanced. The only chance that NRC had last year in competitive football in a 4-4-2 with a more attacking CM'er in front of him and he seemed to accept this role pretty well to me.