The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Some would post in off topic about being annoyed that the Grealish thread had been bumped again. Before posting in here themselves 👀

Certainly not me at all whatsoever mate

And yes he's a word removed

• Haha 3

Didn't take long to find these quotes from Man City fans regarding hit performances last season

Jack and Ake have been our best players since they returned from World Cup
His ball retention, particularly under pressure, has been top class since he arrived and is so important.
Now the self belief is there , he knows he belongs in this team.
He has become integral to the way we operate and is without doubt one of our better players
Arguably been our best player since the World Cup
Think he has been excellent since world cup and is now 3rd name on team sheet after Erling and Kev for me
His hairstyle has also improved
a class player and his corners are magic
Easily one of our best players since new year
Changed the game on his own today. Him and Alvarez both delivering 10/10 performances.
Incredible today, and he’s influencing the game all over the pitch now.
That's why we paid 100m for Jack. Great player, phenomenal close control, contributes goals and assists in the big games.
Worth every f***ing penny.
£100m was too cheap. Sublime today and looks like he belongs. Top lad, top player.
That's as good a performance as we've seen from anyone all year. Class.
One of the first names on the sheet these days,another MOTM contender performance. Him and Haaland are forming a devastating understanding.
Jack is rapidly becoming my favourite player. Work rate is brilliant.
He's vital to our attack, defense and possession game.
Turned in to the biggest player on the biggest stage. Unbelievable
But he also knows what else he brings that nobody else does, complete control of the oppositions spaces from his movement, making the other players better.
My goodness, the job he's doing for this team now.
Really brilliant tonight and has been all season.
Phenomenal, again.

People trying to deny he was anything other than vital for them last season just coming across as bitter

Edited by useless

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Didn't take long to find these quotes from Man City fans regarding hit performances last season

His ball retention, particularly under pressure, has been top class since he arrived and is so important.
He has become integral to the way we operate and is without doubt one of our better players
Think he has been excellent since world cup and is now 3rd name on team sheet after Erling and Kev for me
Changed the game on his own today. Him and Alvarez both delivering 10/10 performances.
That's why we paid 100m for Jack. Great player, phenomenal close control, contributes goals and assists in the big games.
£100m was too cheap. Sublime today and looks like he belongs. Top lad, top player.
One of the first names on the sheet these days,another MOTM contender performance. Him and Haaland are forming a devastating understanding.
But he also knows what else he brings that nobody else does, complete control of the oppositions spaces from his movement, making the other players better.
Phenomenal, again.

People trying to deny he was anything other than vital for them last season just coming across as bitter

Not at all...

Simply put he isn't a Villa player anymore so it isn't a necessity to support, like him or subjectively plaud him at every turn like some...

What he did was Delph-like, he was labelled a snake but some defend Greal-hiss for similar actions and it is a hypocrisy.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, useless said:

Phenomenal, again.

Hmmm not the most reliable of sources :lol: 

£100m too cheap?

Biggest player on the biggest stage?

Integral to the way they operate?

I think you’d struggle find too many people outside of Manchester who think he improved since joining them.

• Like 1

Not the most reliable of sources? It's the blasted Manchester City fans who watch him every week, and they've got no allegiance to him just because he plays for them, I've seen their comments on some of their others players and they're the first to moan if they're less than brilliant, probably because they've been spoilt over the years with the amount of good players they have, they weren't all lauding him for the sake of it.

And people have short memorites, just before we knew we were getting £100m most on here were insistent it should be more than that, and were grasping for news that the release clause wasn't true because of having been expecting a bigger fee, also people on here think we should get £100m or more for Luiz, most non Villa fans would laugh at that, when he was playing a pivotal role in helping them win the treble hardly a surprise that some might think that he was actually worth more than the £100m they paid, as indeed a lot of Villa fans did not long before he left.

He was playing in all  Man City's games in the title run in, until the title was confirmed and then he was rested last two games with the Champions League in mind, in the Champions League he played the full 90 minutes for all their games from the quarter-finals onwards, so not really crazy to suggest he was integral to the way they play at that point.

All this denying how good and how important he was for them last season just rather keeps on making my point for me, some are just seeing what they want to see because they're bitter he left, and it makes them feel better if they tell themselves him leaving as been some sort of footballing disaster for him, either that or the kind of football fans who think if an attacking player doesn't get a load of goals and assists then they must be playing poorly.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Hmmm not the most reliable of sources :lol: 

£100m too cheap?

Biggest player on the biggest stage?

Integral to the way they operate?

I think you’d struggle find too many people outside of Manchester who think he improved since joining them.

I know of one guy, he likes waistcoats. 

He was a cog in the machine at City at times last year. He wasn’t really an especially important one either. Mahrez, Foden, Alverez, KdB, Rodri, Silva all had more impact. Then obviously Haaland (before even talking about defenders) 

I just scanned through from start of the season to mid-Jan and he only completed 3 games in that time.

He did alright, nothing special at all. He was special at Villa, and £100m should be buying special but they didn’t get it. 

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I know of one guy, he likes waistcoats. 

The guy who hated him at Villa?

Also, same guy picking a City player who doesn’t even play for them…

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, useless said:

also people on here think we should get £100m or more for Luiz, most non Villa fans would laugh at that

Let them laugh whilst we keep a player significantly better than Caceido and Rice. 

Jack was and is a good player. His career will be curtailed by his comparative lack of professionalism. 

Fans of other clubs laughing at Villa fans valuation of Luiz has no bearing on whether we will be able to keep him or not, also I think most non Villa fans, and some Villa fans, would argue strongly that he's not significanlty better than Rice, funny thing is if he was to leave it wouldn't be long before people start down playing how good he is, as they do with Grealish now he's left.

Also not sure how Mr Grealish's career will be curtailed by 'comparitve lack of professionalism', if he had a lack of professionalism he wouldn't be in the positon he's in now.

16 minutes ago, Dale said:

Let them laugh whilst we keep a player significantly better than Caceido and Rice. 

Jack was and is a good player. His career will be curtailed by his comparative lack of professionalism. 

We've been over this so many times, but at what point (other than being caught drinking a couple of times) has he shown a lack of professionalism?

If you found out De Bruyne also likes a drink from time to time but has not been caught by cameras, would you question his integrity? What if you found out Douglas Luiz likes to have parties on his days off? 

We can have a laugh at Grealish, it's a football forum, but accusing him of lack of professionalism - especially for things that happened years ago - is pushing a certain narrative. 

I am only going to judge players for their on pitch performance. Jack's form has dipped, he is no longer a star that he was. But he has always been athletic and from all accounts always did his best in training.

Let's leave the OK! Magazine talk aside. 

10 minutes ago, useless said:

funny thing is if he was to leave it wouldn't be long before people start down playing how good he is, as they do with Grealish now he's left.

People (mainly) talk about Grealish differently because he has changed his game significantly at City, not because he left. It’s more weird to try to suggest he’s an essential part of their success when he clearly isn’t. He’s a player who was amazing at Villa (hence them paying a record fee), but is good at City (hence people discussing if there’s anyone who would consider taking him on).

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

People (mainly) talk about Grealish differently because he has changed his game significantly at City, not because he left. It’s more weird to try to suggest he’s an essential part of their success when he clearly isn’t. He’s a player who was amazing at Villa (hence them paying a record fee), but is good at City (hence people discussing if there’s anyone who would consider taking him on).

I wonder (and this cannot be verified) how good he'd be in a lesser team. 

Standing out in City is not exactly easy. If you stand out at City you are due a ballon dor. 

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I wonder (and this cannot be verified) how good he'd be in a lesser team. 

Standing out in City is not exactly easy. If you stand out at City you are due a ballon dor. 

Doku stands out since he arrived. Haaland, KdD both been sublime too. David Silva another one. 

I think it’s that Jack isn’t really suited to the possession and safe percentage based passes most of the time. There’s an exciting top player in there because we’ve seen it, I assume he has been told not to take as many risks as he used to with us.

9 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Not at all...

Simply put he isn't a Villa player anymore so it isn't a necessity to support, like him or subjectively plaud him at every turn like some...

What he did was Delph-like, he was labelled a snake but some defend Greal-hiss for similar actions and it is a hypocrisy.

Completely agree.

Â