The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think he's our best player already, we'll struggle to keep hold of him to be honest, fabulous young player, he's the best I've seen come through the academy

Not just the best.

He's the only one who has come through the academy who is worth remotely getting excited about.

Played decent today, I blame the rest of the team for him not playing amazingly, when he is in possession he needs the players in front of him moving, Gabby and Gestede just stand there and the midfield trio don't make enough runs. would also help if there were players on the wings, more options for him to choose from.

I think he's our best player already, we'll struggle to keep hold of him to be honest, fabulous young player, he's the best I've seen come through the academy

Not just the best.

He's the only one who has come through the academy who is worth remotely getting excited about.

Do you watch a lot of academy games?

Not just the best.

No. Not sure what your point is?

there's a very good bunch aged 16-19 years old at the minute

Where have I read that before?
you always have to knitpick my posts, don't you? whenever i see one of your posts, I can almost guarantee that you'll be quoting one of my posts, it is a very good bunch in my opinion, 2 of the group have already featured for the first team or been in the squad
Right but all I'm saying is that you've been saying similar for 5/6 years since I came on here, regarding the youth team. Very little worthwhile has materialised.

It's ok to have your opinion. In a way it's admirable because it's bold but if you sit back and really think about villas ability to transfer youth to the first team with any great effect, then I don't think you'd be as optimistic.

I mean, it is of course possible that the next generation will be better than the last, and past experience may not be a perfect predictor of the future . . .
Yep, but tbh, past experience with Football is usually a decent indicator.

Not overly, IMO.

Agreed, that's what i love about it most, the unpredictability of it, you can never predict what's going to happen

The overwhelming use of the phrase 'same shit different season' (or similar words to that effect) across this forum suggest otherwise.

I like Grealish and hope he lives up to his obvious talent but I don't think we need to worry about him leaving us just yet. Far from the finished article. 

• Like 2

Not just the best.

Earlier on today, SGC stated that we have a number of promising players in the 16-19 age range that are promising. You replied with something along the lines of 'they've always been shit before, so they'll probably be shit again' (I paraphrase, but not by much). I found this puzzling, because he clearly watches the games quite often, so I wondered if you also watched them, and had formed your pessimistic view on the same evidence. I didn't really imagine that was the case, and so it proves. Why should we believe your pessimism based on no evidence, as opposed to his optimism based on some evidence?

Not just the best.

Earlier on today, SGC stated that we have a number of promising players in the 16-19 age range that are promising. You replied with something along the lines of 'they've always been shit before, so they'll probably be shit again' (I paraphrase, but not by much). I found this puzzling, because he clearly watches the games quite often, so I wondered if you also watched them, and had formed your pessimistic view on the same evidence. I didn't really imagine that was the case, and so it proves. Why should we believe your pessimism based on no evidence, as opposed to his optimism based on some evidence?

Eh? Firstly that's not what I said and my evidence is that once they break into the first team they are at best, try harders in a woeful team.

Quite frankly I couldn't give a **** what they do in the youth teams. It means nothing.

Having a bunch of decent 16-19 year olds based on the opinion of SGC doesn't fill me with much optimism at all.

We won the equivalent of the champs league with our youth team. To what outcome with regards the first team? Nowt. Certainly nowt worth shouting about.

Not just the best.

Far from it, we've got a very good, young group at the minute, why do you always pick on my posts? The only times I see your name pop up on this forum is when you're criticising/mimicking one of my posts

Not just the best.

Far from it, we've got a very good, young group at the minute, why do you always pick on my posts? The only times I see your name pop up on this forum is when you're criticising/mimicking one of my posts

Well you're wrong on that front. There's loads of posts I put that have nothing to do with you.

But like I've just said to HanoiVillan, being decent in the under 19s isn't worth getting excited about.

Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney. Making an impact at 16/17 on the premiership. That's worth getting excited about.

Not just the best.

Well you're wrong on that front. There's loads of posts I put that have nothing to do with you.

But like I've just said to HanoiVillan, being decent in the under 19s isn't worth getting excited about.

Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney. Making an impact at 16/17 on the premiership. That's worth getting excited about.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy made his first team debut last season aged 16, Andre Green made the first team bench last season also at the age of 16, these are players that we should be getting excited about 

Not just the best.

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy made his first team debut last season aged 16, Andre Green made the first team bench last season also at the age of 16, these are players that we should be getting excited about

Well I will when they start having an impact. If!

His passing & vision suggest he's capable of being as good as someone like David Silva in a few years. Very impressive indeed first half, faded after break and probably should've been subbed to help turn the tide (although others were in front of him in the queue for that!)

First game back but I didn't think he was very affective today, needs to pull the trigger.

That said sometimes neither he or Amavi would get in the box or get the cross in, mainly because the movement around them was poor but he needs to take responsibility.

Would rather see Sinclair play than Gabby as I think he would have actually given Grealish something to pass forward to.

• Like 1

Â