The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

FFS how can you judge him on that game?!  It was a tactical atrocity.

The whole team was useless. The formation was an embarrassment and the lads didn’t seem to know what they were doing.

Aly & Hutton were supposedly wingbacks and Cole and Grealish were supposedly playing in a front 3 with Benteke.

He had a poor game, as did Benteke, Cole, Hutton, Westwood & Cissokho. By the way Cleverley was the worst player on the pitch and yet he still starts every game. However the formation was so poor it prob gives them all an excuse.

What’s more we now know Cole does not have 70mins in him (never mind 90), Gabby needs to be benched, Weimann and Nzogbia are searching for form.

This is why I think it would be crazy to loan out a player who will at the very least be used from the bench regularly as things stand. His contributions from the bench have all been positive.

• Like 1

I'm not judging him on that game. Not for one second.

I've already said that I'm sure he'll be a big player for us and I can't wait to see him develop.

But let's not pretend he's ready. He's clearly not quite there and inconsistent performances will happen.

People are acting like all he needs is a chance or a start and he'll be tearing it up. But it's not like he hasn't played. He's had a lot of minutes and a start and he hasn't shown much yet.

I don't expect him to have shown much yet. It's not a criticism. All I'm saying is if we're expecting Grealish to suddenly make a huge difference then I think we might be jumping the gun

• Like 3

Yes I agree he’s still developing, however he needs game time to develop and figure out how to impose himself on games.

The coaching staff will have done video analysis with him on the Blackpool game and his other games. I’d say he’s chomping at the bit waiting for another chance.

I can’t see Cole starting again, so I think Jack will get another chance soon. He needs it.

I honestly think he will be starting for us by the end of the season.

I agree that Grealish should be featuring in our side and not being loaned out. He's far from the finished article but he is genuinely creative which we all know is a major issue. I didn't see the Blackpool game where he was supposedly bad, but I did see the highlights and even in that he created two clear chances. For a team like ours that's worth something even if he's having an off day. I get genuinely annoyed with the manager when he's not even on the bench.

Glad he got a start. shame he was dropped straight after but that's the nature of our management....shame it doesn't happen to other non performers, and never really has.

He had a poor game but he shouldn't beat himself up and we shouldn't beat him up about it, that's football, and when you're young you have to take every chance as a learning experience, lets hope it's kept him grounded and made him reflect on what he did right and wrong.

Yes I agree he’s still developing, however he needs game time to develop and figure out how to impose himself on games.

The coaching staff will have done video analysis with him on the Blackpool game and his other games. I’d say he’s chomping at the bit waiting for another chance.

I can’t see Cole starting again, so I think Jack will get another chance soon. He needs it.

I honestly think he will be starting for us by the end of the season.

I don't disagree.

but I was responding to the post that said "all he needs is a start" (or something along those lines), which I don't believe is true.

What he needs is time

Edited by Stevo985

I'd play him. If you're good enough you're old enough as far as i'm concerned.

You know, over the past what...5 or 6 games, the only decent cross I can remember a player putting in was Grealish.

We're a team struggling to create chances, he's creative. 

So he may not be brilliant every game, so what? The rest of the squad are hardly playing amazing....

I'm not denying he needs game time. I want to see it.

What I was denying was the expectation expressed on the previous page that all he needs is a start and he'll suddenly be really good.

He probably won't be.

• Like 1

I'm not denying he needs game time. I want to see it.

What I was denying was the expectation expressed on the previous page that all he needs is a start and he'll suddenly be really good.

He probably won't be.

But what if he is? You'll be really sickened

More chance of him creating something than gabby or weimman even if he's not playing great.

Needs a run of games and to be told he's going to get them. Might take some of the pressure of him if he knows he's gonna get a good chance.

This young man , who would walk on broken glass to play for us . I really feel for him , when has he been given a run of games to really prove his talent ? Lamberts' man management is a joke . Keep ya fingers crossed Jack , and lets hope he does the decent thing and falls on that sword .

(I know this isn't the case, but I retain hope I might be wrong)

Maybe Lambert didn't want to bring Jack into the team properly to have him be the ONLY creative outlet. Not only would he be targetted physically, but he'd continually come up against teams marking him out of the game in a way his current stage of development hasn't really equipped him for. Perhaps the signing of Gil will mean Jack will now feature more (at least when Gil settles), since we'll have more than one area of threat. It's hard to put 2 players on one wide forward if there's another one smashing it on the far side - and if you put 2 on both then you're basically leaving Benteke free in the middle.

Like I say, that's more me trying to apply some logic where there probably isn't any, but it might just be feasible

This young man , who would walk on broken glass to play for us . I really feel for him , when has he been given a run of games to really prove his talent ? Lamberts' man management is a joke . Keep ya fingers crossed Jack , and lets hope he does the decent thing and falls on that sword .

Would he walk on broken glass with his fingers crossed though, or would that be too dangerous? 

(I know this isn't the case, but I retain hope I might be wrong)

Maybe Lambert didn't want to bring Jack into the team properly to have him be the ONLY creative outlet. Not only would he be targetted physically, but he'd continually come up against teams marking him out of the game in a way his current stage of development hasn't really equipped him for. Perhaps the signing of Gil will mean Jack will now feature more (at least when Gil settles), since we'll have more than one area of threat. It's hard to put 2 players on one wide forward if there's another one smashing it on the far side - and if you put 2 on both then you're basically leaving Benteke free in the middle.

Like I say, that's more me trying to apply some logic where there probably isn't any, but it might just be feasible

Not really. With the two nippers in for Gabby and Weimann, without the ball we'd be playing with, at most, 9. We'd also lost about 10 inches in height

Â