The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Give him a chance I say, a lot of people on here saying to sign Hughes from Derby, yet they've compared him to Grealish on here and obviously no cost involved!

Best time to do it now, in the first couple of weeks of Jan, then if not as good as hoped, there is still time to sign someone else.

I've not saw enough of jack to make comment re him coming back and making an impression, however he seems to be doing great at Notts so I'd probably be of the opinion to leave him there for the season gaining more experience before integrating into our first team after a good pre season.

Kev does he not yet earn enough to be able to afford a pair of shin pads? Sports direct have (yet another) a sale on ;-)

Kev does he not yet earn enough to be able to afford a pair of shin pads? Sports direct have (yet another) a sale on ;-)

Ahaha recessions hit our family hard mate. Nah I think they are very small like size 6s or something. So he wears kiddy shinpads. Dunno how he gets away with it tbh. Think as long as you have A PAIR on then you are good to go.

We signed westwood and lowton for what they were doing at that level so i don't see why not. He's clearly starting to stand out at that level which is what you would expect.

Surely having him in the first team squad and making a few appearances off the bench would be good for him.

• Like 1

Ahaha recessions hit our family hard mate. Nah I think they are very small like size 6s or something. So he wears kiddy shinpads. Dunno how he gets away with it tbh. Think as long as you have A PAIR on then you are good to go.

Haha fair enough mate.

Joking aside I thought pads were compulsory, can't think of any prem players that don't wear them. Maybe the football league and prem have different rules?

Haha fair enough mate.

Joking aside I thought pads were compulsory, can't think of any prem players that don't wear them. Maybe the football league and prem have different rules?

Nah I think it is compulsory in every league including non league etc but you dont have to wear the size that suits you. So if you wanted to you could wear the biggest or smallest shin pads available you can find, as long as you are wearing a pair. I suppose jack just likes the socks low look. Dont ask why I ent got a scoobie doo.

I saw him live the other week, the highlights from this week and the opposition for his position at Villa. Having had a chance to think about it, I am in no doubt that he should be involved at Villa right now.

There is no doubt that he has a lot to learn but this kid really could be the real deal. We've seen and heard it all before but considering the opposition in the squad for his position it wouldn't be a huge risk to give him a chance.

Kev, you've obviously seen a lot more of Jack than anyone on here, so do you think he'd be ready to step up and play in the first team at the Villa?

I think with someone of his age, we'd have a 2-3 month window of surprise around him. He'd be given a lot more space in that time than he'll ever get in his career afterwards, so I'm genuinely thinking if we sent him off on loan again til the start of March, maybe in the Championship, then brought him back and played him towards the end of the season, before sending him off on loan again for the first half of next year to a promoted side in the PL, we'd probably see a guy coming back in Jan 2015 who's absolutely 100% ready to be a regular at the club from that point on

Maybe

Lambert talked a lot last season about not knowing until they're given a chance and is happy to buy other teams kids from league 1 but not try out our own? Having said that he seems comfortable, knows people now down at notts and looks like he's enjoying it so i see no reason to disrupt that. Looks like he's improving every game, noticed in the last few videos that he has a better pass and vision than most of our 11 at the moment.

I just don`t think he would really get to play a whole lot if he were to be brought back. And if he keeps on improving at loan then that might be more ideal? Maybe championship for the rest of the season like others have suggested?

My bet is that most of the people who want him back are villa fans and might not really have watched him play a whole lot to give a fair assessment on how he is doing down there.

Â