The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I wouldn’t be surprised if he loses his title of most fouled player this season.  He has players making the runs to allow him to release it now.  Has anyone seen the stat for the Liverpool game?   I don’t remember seeing him getting fouled and am guessing the number of times it happened was well below his average per game from last season.

11 minutes ago, Thug said:

If someone had asked Smith a question about Samatta, and he had replied with ‘I thought that Taylor was superb’.. and then someone had asked him again about Samatta, and Smith had replied ‘I thought that Hause was excellent’... you’d have a very valid point.

If that didn’t happen, then the comparison with Tanzanian fans is.. bizarre.

if, however, villa fans were complaining about why Lansbury wasn’t getting picked for England.. your comparison would be spot on.

He was asked about Jack and he responded about both Mount and Jack. I’m guessing he probably did that so the whole press conference didn’t become about him and Jack. 

This time around he played him for 80 minutes and has nothing but praise afterwards. 

I think it’s time to get over this Southgate hatred.

3 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think Southgates comments are fair here. I also think, as great as he is, Grealish is getting hyped up to extraordinary levels both in the media and by our fans. The level of expectation when he next pulls on an England shirt will be huge and I don’t want people to turn on him (obviously Villa fans wouldn’t) if he doesn’t work miracles. I would like him to get some more minutes for England to cement his place in the squad but mainly just to return to Villa next week with fitness and confidence in tact.

Spot on. He is actually protecting Jack more than anything. But watch  Villa fans commenting on how he is too stubborn to admit he is good as Gazza was or something ridiculous like that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Spot on. He is actually protecting Jack more than anything. But watch  Villa fans commenting on how he is too stubborn to admit he is good as Gazza was or something ridiculous like that. 

Protected by not picking him, making up excuses why not, picking others even though they don’t meet the same requirements, and then still being stubborn about it.

That’s arrogance from Southgate. He knows best. He is manager. He is king.

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Protected by not picking him, making up excuses why not, picking others even though they don’t meet the same requirements, and then still being stubborn about it.

That’s arrogance from Southgate. He knows best. He is manager. He is king.

I was talking about his latest comments.

I agree Southgate is trying to protect him (and other debutants) but then I also thought that in his pre match comments before the Wales game when he said he would play him but for people to not turn on them if it wasn’t a perfect performance and mistakes were made because they had never played together before -or words to that effect. 

It would not surprise me if they actually had a decent working relationship. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He was asked about Jack and he responded about both Mount and Jack. I’m guessing he probably did that so the whole press conference didn’t become about him and Jack. 

This time around he played him for 80 minutes and has nothing but praise afterwards. 

I think it’s time to get over this Southgate hatred.

First bold bit, wrong.  He was asked about Jack, and he responded about Mount.  He was then asked about Jack and he responded about Coady and Jack.

Second bold bit, he was asked about DCL and he was full of praise, then he was asked about Jack and despite universally being made MOTM, his reply was ‘he did ok’ - and once again brought Mount into the conversation for no reason when asked about Jack again.

I can’t speak for others, but I don’t have a hatred for him.  I’m just calling him out on his double standards bullshit.  

And I’d wager that most hate him no more by calling him out for his bullshit responses than you ‘love him’ by defending him.

I suspect that once he stops with his bullshit responses.. this ‘hate’ for him will disappear.

Lets see if he can answer the next question about Jack without dragging a different player into the same response.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

‘Protecting him’ by not picking him until half the English players available to him are either injured, or dropped because of disciplinary problems?

He’s not protecting him, he’s downplaying him so that he can protect himself when he needs to drop him.

For what it’s worth I don’t think he was particularly brilliant in that game.  But the contrast in replies between DCL And Grealish questions was stark and clear.

One was ‘excellent’ and one ‘got into the positions we want him to’

Pick him, don’t pick him, it’s his decision as England manager.  Don’t hide behind bullshit.

if he doesn’t pick him for his next squad, be a man and say that despite him playing really well, he doesn’t fit into the piss boring system that I want play.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I agree Southgate is trying to protect him (and other debutants) but then I also thought that in his pre match comments before the Wales game when he said he would play him but for people to not turn on them if it wasn’t a perfect performance and mistakes were made because they had never played together before -or words to that effect. 

It would not surprise me if they actually had a decent working relationship. 

Jack is 25.

Mount is 21.

maybe he should ‘protect’ Mount instead of giving him a virtual blowjob at every opportunity.

And his words about not turning on ‘them’ was more about himself.. don’t turn on me if this team plays shit.  They’re not my first choice.  
He had no confidence that this team would actually do better than his ‘first choice’ did against Iceland.

Edited by Thug
Added another point
  • Haha 1

I actually agree that GS has done Mount no favours by twice now making him central to a perceived issue between himself and Jack. Mount seems like a nice lad who has done nothing wrong but now is the butt of many social media jokes as a result of this. 

To be clear, I do think Southgate was reluctant to get Jack involved initially but has warmed to him. I think he mainly seems resentful of the media hype around Jack and constantly being asked about him which he doesn’t always handle very well.

31 minutes ago, Thug said:

Second bold bit, he was asked about DCL and he was full of praise, then he was asked about Jack and despite universally being made MOTM, his reply was ‘he did ok’ - and once again brought Mount into the conversation for no reason when asked about Jack again.

Really? I didn’t see this. I admit that’s pretty ridiculous considering Mount only played 30 odd minutes when we were already 2-0 up.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

I actually agree that GS has done Mount no favours by twice now making him central to a perceived issue between himself and Jack. Mount seems like a nice lad who has done nothing wrong but now is the butt of many social media jokes as a result of this. 

To be clear, I do think Southgate was reluctant to get Jack involved initially but has warmed to him. I think he mainly seems resentful of the media hype around Jack and constantly being asked about him which he doesn’t always handle very well.

I have no issue with Mount, and honestly thought he looked VERY bright when he came on.

He has to be pretty spectacularly slow not to appreciate the fact that the more he responds like an idiot, the more the media will ask him about Jack hoping for an equally bizarre response. He is creating a huge issue for himself.  He could just end it all by treating him like he treats the rest of the players.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d like to see the whole interview. Always looks a lot worse when cut like this. 

gets asked the question at 8:00

He does indeed give more praise than where above video starts.  However, he was NOT asked about Mount, yet guves Mount more praise, and his voice and body language changes. 

Edited by Thug
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? I didn’t see this. I admit that’s pretty ridiculous considering Mount only played 30 odd minutes when we were already 2-0 up.

He most definitely did do this (again) 

I hope he does it again if asked about Grealish. He's totally embarrassing himself, it's funny.

He's also contradicting everything he's said before with the reasons he gave for Jack not making squads at all.

Be a man Gareth. You're the England manager. If you don't think he's good enough or playing well enough say it when you next leave him out of a squad. Don't lie about the level he's at or the position he's in.

If England play this 343 abomination trying to press from the front, but with full backs as midfielders, we'll get obliterated by any half decent side. There's no one in the middle of the pitch!

We're in a ridiculous position. Southgate is never going to manage ever again after this. He didn't want a job after the Boro debacle but fell into the 21s role!

• Like 1

Â