The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I have seen Jack play a lot over the years and I think burning out is definitely an issue to think about. As it is with an kid of his age, very few come in and just play every game, most dip in and out first year or two. Only exceptions I can think of are genetic freaks like Rooney and Shaw who were "men" ahead of their age.

Jack believe it or not can be pretty anonymous in some games  when the defender gets his measure and his lack of strength exposes itself. I have seen him have the odd game in youth football where he barely got a kick.

Right now he is match fit, confident and loving life. Without doubt he is ready to start games and I think in the not too distant he will. However it wouldn't surprise me to see him have five great games and then start to drop his levels for a few games. Same thing happened to Sterling in his first year and look at him now.

I think Lambert has it just about right at the moment, he knows he has a talent on his hands which he acquired for nowt. He is trying to manage Jack to give him every chance to learn the league whilst also building the fitness and strength levels required for this level of football.

Jack's virtually playing on his own. I think he's the only player (Irish) that comes from a prem side, there's a couple of reading players and a blackburn I think. It does sort of show so far (although I know good players can play for lower teams).

Our U21's really are awful, Grealish aside of course, senior isn't much better I suppose, I wonder if Jack will stick with us or go and play for England, the rumour is he turned down a senior call up as he needed time to think about it which is fully understandable...

Our U21's really are awful, Grealish aside of course, senior isn't much better I suppose, I wonder if Jack will stick with us or go and play for England, the rumour is he turned down a senior call up as he needed time to think about it which is fully understandable...

Both his parents are Irish. Don't make no sense to me. He's 100% Irish blood. Just because he grew up in England doesn't change anything imo. But his choice, I imagine the problem is Ireland are utterly useless and nobody even bothers watching anymore. England are pretty terrible too so he could easily be a full international and get a to play in world cups.

It just won't sit right if he represents Ireland all the way to U21 level then plays for England. Any person who can change nationality to suit themselves doesn't sit right at all.

Edited by CVByrne

Both his parents are Irish. Don't make no sense to me. He's 100% Irish blood. Just because he grew up in England doesn't change anything imo. But his choice, I imagine the problem is Ireland are utterly useless and nobody even bothers watching anymore. England are pretty terrible too so he could easily be a full international and get a to play in world cups.

It just won't sit right if he represents Ireland all the way to U21 level then plays for England. Any person who can change nationality to suit themselves doesn't sit right at all.

But he is a brummy himself and I am sure he feels English, it's a hard one to debate really the dual nationality, whatever he decides to do I fully respect and accept his decision, I just feel if he felt 100% irish he would have taken the call up to the senior side! the thing to remember here is Keano sees him every day and knows he is a special talent and wants to try and get him on board but at the same time he shouldn't be forced. If Jack wants to play for ireland then he should say so and then let that be that, I just hope it doesn't rumble on for too long. In my opinion he would wall straight into the national set up and that's not being biased(well maybe a little) but I think this lad is good enough.

He should pick Ireland because the England national team is too focused on results in the short term, there would be no chance to just play and grow as a team because no faith is shown by the fans. Andros Townsend is a good example, was held up as the best player England have a few months back, one injury and he's been forgotten. Too quick to build players up.

Edited by adw95
  • Like 1

Jack is playing for Ireland right now. If he does change who he plays for at senior level it just won't sit right.

You English yourself if you don't mind me asking?

England regularly qualify for world cups and euros, ireland rarely do, that could be a huge influencing factor in his decision.

Don't get me wrong I want jack to stay with ireland as I am irish and we badly need some new talent, I just feel he will decide to play for England.

Edited by Dirtysanchez

What the hell is 'Irish blood'? His home is Birmingham, which is in England. Same as me. My dad was a Dubliner, but I've never felt ' 50% Irish'.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

I really hope he chooses England as he deserves to be playing with better players than this, he must be so frustrated. Ireland's team at present is pretty poor and there doesn't seem to be anyone decent coming through. Of course it's up to him but I think he deserves better.

Â